University Student/Visitor Reporting and Investigation

University employees supervising non-employee students and/or visitors of the University are responsible for reporting and investigating injuries and illness incurred by these students or visitors while on campus property. This is done by completing the Student/Visitor Report of Injury form and submitting the Injury /Illness Loss Investigation Report. Departmental Safety Committees will be notified of the completion of the Student/Visitor Report of Injury and Injury/Illness Loss Investigation Report forms.

If an unsupervised student and/or visitor is injured while on University property, a verbal report should be registered with the Department of Environmental Health & Safety (DEHS) at 831-8475 or the Department of Public Safety at 831-2222.

Several videos to assist with Injury/Illness Investigations can be borrowed from the DEHS office:

  • Accident Investigation in the Workplace
  • R.E.P.O.R.T. IT! (Near Miss Reporting)
  • Slips, Trips, and Falls

    This program is provided for the University of Delaware Community. To reserve a video concerning accident investigation, contact DEHS or call 831-8475.

For additional information regarding reporting or investigating a visitor/student illness/injury please contact DEHS or call 831-8475.