Today, service men and women, who are extraordinarily active, very fit, and highly dedicated can survive traumatic injuries that would have traditionally sidelined them from life and work activities.
The research priority areas for the Bridging Advanced Developments for Exceptional Rehabilitation (BADER) Consortium were:
- Community re-integration, including development and assessment of health and functional outcome measures of ability to return to work/duty.
- Enhancing functional outcomes for individuals with upper extremity trauma.
- Returning patients to running, jumping and agility activities following lower extremity trauma.
- Soldiers with amputations who return to active duty 17%
- Soliders who survive trauma injuries and are eventually discharged 80%