UD Standard Web header

Change of Major

***Change of major to Nursing Winter 2015, Spring 2015, Fall 2015 is CLOSED***

Our Traditional four year undergraduate Nursing Program is closed to transfer students from any other school. The only opportunity for current University of Delaware students to enter this program after a freshman class has been admitted is through “Change of Major” at the University of Delaware.

Please click on the following links for further information:

FAQ’s for Change of Major into Nursing

What if I don’t get a seat in the nursing major?

If you are not able to attain a seat as a “change of major student” in the traditional four year nursing curriculum, you may want to consider the Accelerated Nursing Program as an option. Note: A Bachelor’s degree in another field is required for this program, so applicants should consider what alternative degree they would want to pursue.

What other courses are recommended prior to requesting a change of major to the Nursing major?

PSYC 100 General Psychology, ENGL 110 Critical Reading and Writing, STAT 200 Basic Statistical Practice, NDTD 200 Nutrition Concepts, & HDFS 201 Lifespan Development.

When should I apply?

For spring admission, the deadline is December 15th. For fall admission, the deadline is May 15th.

What if I am a Junior or Senior student at the University of Delaware and am interested in the Nursing Major?

You should consider finishing your first bachelor’s degree in another field and while completing the essential prerequisite courses for the Accelerated Nursing Program.

Should I take CHEM 104 if my major requires it?

Yes, you should continue to take the required courses for your initial major along with the required Nursing prerequisites. Our intent is to keep you moving forward in your current major in case you are not awarded a COM seat into the Nursing program.

When is Nursing 101 offered?

Fall and Winter session. You will need permission from faywood@udel.edu to register for this course.

Does Math 114 need to be done before CHEM 103?

Students need to be in MATH 114 or higher at the same time as (or have had it before) taking CHEM 103. If a student has a Level 5 math placement (calculus) they don't have to have MATH at the same time as CHEM 103.

How do I request a change of major?

Go to the following webpage and click on the link at the bottom of the page. Fill out the form and submit it.

Can I make an appointment to speak with someone in the Nursing departmnet?

All advisement for the change of major process is handled through our e-mail adress: nursing-com@udel.edu. This address is answered by a group of School of Nursing advisors.

After reviewing all information provided: questions are to go through nursing-com@udel.edu.

  • College of Health Sciences  •   School of Nursing  •   25 North College  •   Newark, DE 19716
    Phone: 302-831-1253   •   Fax: 302-831-2382  •  ud-nursing@udel.edu   •  © 2014
    Comments   |    Contact Us    |    Legal Notices