The School of Nursing is suspending admissions to four programs, CNS Pediatrics, CNS Adult/Gerontology, Health Services Administration, and Neonatal Nurse Practitioner and their corresponding post-master’s certificate programs. Please note that we are fully committed to students already admitted to these programs and will ensure that they are able to complete their program. The NP programs are still accepting students with a projected application deadline of March 1st 2016, as is our usual procedure. The Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program will begin their first cohort in Fall, 2015 and will continue to accept post-master’s applicants through October 1, 2015 for their Fall, 2015 class.
Post Master's Certificate Option
The Post Master's Certificate option is designed to provide individuals who already hold a Master of Science in Nursing degree, or Master of Science in a field of nursing with the core courses and clinical experiences for eligibility for advanced certification. The number of credits varies with the area of concentration and the student's past academic record. Students must complete all course requirements within five years of matriculation into the Post Master's option.
Application Process for Post Master's Certificate
- Submit application to the University of Delaware
- Submit official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Interview with a graduate nursing faculty member
- Have at least one year of clinical experience in a related specialty area prior to starting clinical courses
- Application deadlines are as follows: March 1st and Oct 1st for CNS and HSAD. March 1st for NP
- Student Reference Example:
A Nurse with a MSN in Nursing Education seeking a PM CNS or NP will need to complete or transfer in the 3 Advanced P’s (Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, and Physical Assessment) along with associated clinical requirement