About the Secure UD Student Agreement
Before you can create your University account name and email address (your UDelNet ID), you must complete the Secure UD Student Agreement, which is a brief online course about your computing privileges and responsibilities at the University.
Complete your Secure UD Student Agreement
What's included in the Secure UD Student Agreement?
The Secure UD Student Agreement covers, at a very basic level, your responsibility to appropriately use the University's various IT resources. IT resources include the University network, computing labs, online systems and apps, and even the University's data.
The course is organized into eight short modules:
- Use IT resources appropriately
- Take responsibility for your device's activity
- Protect and clean your computer
- Use strong and unique passwords
- Protect yourself from phishing and other fraud
- Understand copyright laws and file sharing
- Protect your online reputation
- Understand the consequences for violating the rules
Why do I need to complete the Secure UD Student Agreement?
The Secure UD Student Agreement helps ensure that all students, regardless of their familiarity with computers, understand their responsibility to use the University's IT resources appropriately. When you complete the Secure UD Student Agreement, you electronically sign a statement acknowledging that you understand your responsibility to comply with University policy in your use of IT resources.