Data Security Advisory Committee (DSAC)
The Data Security Advisory Committee (DSAC) is the University council responsible for coordinating information security and risk management efforts and monitoring and recommending necessary security actions to the University.
The DSAC includes:
- The director of IT Security (chair)
- Other members as appointed by data trustees or the chair.
Responsibilities according to policy
The DSAC's primary data governance and information security responsibilities include:
- Assisting the CDG and data stewards in the implementation the risk management aspects of this policy.
- Assisting data stewards in coordinating initiatives to improve the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of University information across the University.
- Aiding in the development of standards and guidelines concerning the management of information security and risk by the University and its units.
- Reporting to the CDG relevant security initiatives and recommendations as appropriate.
- Assisting in the implementation of this policy.
- In consultation with the VP & General Counsel, monitoring federal, state, and local laws affecting information security and privacy.
- Staying abreast of evolving best practices in information security and privacy in higher education.
- Assessing risks to University information and recommending updates to this policy, including the Secure UD Data Governance & Security Program, as necessary.