gpa calculator academic catalog
Upcoming Registrar Related Events

Official Transcripts

NOTE: The Office of the Registrar is available and while our team members are currently working remotely, we are continuing to assist students and the university community. Currently U.S. Postal Service mailing, Express mailing, and in-person pickup of transcripts are not available at this time and we are unsure when these services will resume. We encourage students and alumni to send electronic transcripts where appropriate and acceptable. Not all recipients are able to receive electronic transcripts, so please confirm this is possible before placing your order. Please be advised that students who attended the University of Delaware prior to 1971 will not be able to obtain an electronic version of their transcript. Please contact with any questions. Thank you for your understanding.

Official transcript orders can be requested and tracked 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Before you request an official transcript:

    • Read these important instructions regarding LSAC/AMCAS Forms and Other Forms / Common Application Transfer Registrar Report Form. See UD's official Transcript Legend.
    • If you have studied at UD as a graduate student, read this note regarding Graduate Transcripts.
    • If you have a financial hold on your student account, clear the hold in My Finances before requesting your transcript. Official transcripts cannot be provided to students who have not met their financial obligations to the University.
    • Decide how you would like to receive your official transcript:
      • Electronic transcripts are the fastest option, and are normally processed within the same business day. When ordering an electronic transcript, be sure to enter the correct recipient email address. It is your responsibility to ensure the recipient is able to receive electronic transmission. Once the electronic transcript is sent, the recipient will receive two email notifications - one with a secure 30 day link and another with a password to access the transcript. No refund will be provided if the recipient fails to retrieve the electronic transcript. The word COPY will appear if/once the PDF transcript is printed.
      • Paper transcripts can be delivered in two ways: traditional mail, or picked-up at the University Visitors Center - Registrar's Office Service Desk (photo ID required). If it is sent to you, the envelope will be stamped "Official Transcript Issued to Student.” In-person transcript pick-ups must be retrieved within 30 days. If you would like to authorize a third party (someone else) to pick-up your transcript, please email – in advance – authorizing the Registrar’s Office to release your transcript to this person.
      • If you require an official transcript for your OWN RECORDS, order a paper copy mailed to you or held for in-person pick-up. It will remain official until the sealed envelope is opened. Do NOT order an electronic transcript, sent to the University of Delaware for in-person pick-up (once we retrieve it, the document will become unofficial, and you will need to re-order).
      • If you need a Notary or Apostille, order a paper copy of your transcript, held for in-person pick-up. Review these Notary and Apostille instructions.
    • Have a major credit card and email address ready (you will need these to request a transcript). Your credit card will not be charged until after the transcript is sent.
    • Plan enough time for your transcript request to be processed. Transcripts are usually processed the next business day, but may take up to 1 business week during peak periods.
    • Consider the courses or grades that you need to appear on your transcript. Transcript orders are real-time. You may see grades in UDSIS that are NOT yet displaying on official transcripts.

      - Need Fall 2020 courses or grades on transcript? - Do NOT order until January 7, 2021

      - Need Fall 2020 degree earned on transcript? - Do NOT order until January 11, 2021

      If you order before these dates, the transcript will be processed as requested, with NO REFUND.

    Request an official transcript:

    • To order an official transcript, click HERE or log into UDSIS Student Center click on the Grades & Transcripts tile, then click on the Request Official Transcript link.
    • To track your official transcript order, click HERE.

    Application Service Forms

    Forms are no longer necessary when sending a transcript through your issued account number (for example, LSAC, AMCAS, etc.). When ordering an official transcript, select recipient type of Educational Organization, Application Service and Scholarships, in the drop down menu select your organization, and enter your issued account/ID number on the following line. If your application service does not appear in the list, scroll to the bottom and select Not in List and write in the service on the following line. There will be no prompt for an account number. If you elect to send a transcript electronically, you will need to include your account/ID number on the same line as the organization name. If you elect to send your transcript via U.S. Mail or Express, you should include your application/ID number in the address section (additional address, or address line 2).

    Other Forms / Common Application Transfer Registrar Report Form

    UD does not send forms accompanying official transcripts orders. If an agency/transcript recipient would like a form to be completed by the Registrar's Office, you have two options:

    • Request your official transcript to be sent directly to the agency and submit your form to be completed to the Registrar’s Office using this secure link. Once completed, the Registrar’s Office will send your form to the agency.

    • Request your official transcript and your completed form to be sent directly to you for you to forward to the agency.

    Before sending a form to Registrar’s, please complete your portion of the form, especially if it requires your signature. Be sure to include all recipient information (address, email, fax #, etc.) in your email request. Please allow 10 business days for processing. For additional questions about forms, please contact the Registrar's Office at 302-831-2131.

    Graduate Transcripts

    Graduate credit is granted only to those students who are registered as enrolled students in a graduate degree or graduate non-degree program. Credit towards the graduate degree is not earned for undergraduate courses taken in a graduate career. Prior to Fall 2020, graduate credit taken in a non-degree program was transcribed only on the undergraduate transcript.

    Transcript Legend:

    See the Official Transcript Legend.

    Due to the significant disruption caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, the University of Delaware implemented a Pass/No Credit final grading option for the Spring and Fall 2020 semesters, with no impact to the grade point index, as follows:

    Grade    Description Equivalency
    HP High Pass Equivalent to grades A through B-
    MP Mid Pass Equivalent to grades C+ through C-   
    LP Low Pass Equivalent to grades D+ through D- (undergraduate only)
    NC No Credit Equivalent to a grade of F (undergraduate) or D+ through F (graduate)


    Email or call 302-831-1289.