University of Delaware


Students taking summer classes can request a check of federal aid eligibility here.

Students returning in Fall 2017 should file the 2017-2018 FAFSA at, using UD's school code (001431).

Prospective Fall 2017 Freshmen: check out our New Student Info site.


  Right to Know
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act  Commitment to Delawareans

Top Financial Services Questions

Am I eligible for summer session financial aid?

If you are registered for at least 6 credit hours, you may be eligible to receive federal financial aid. After you have registered for Summer session, go to to check your aid eligibility. Complete the contact form and we will review your information. You will be notified by email of any aid eligibility.

When is the best time to file my FAFSA or Free Application for Federal Student Aid?

Apply for financial aid through the FAFSA as soon after October 15th as possible for the school year beginning the following fall. Recommended filing dates for prospective students is by January 15th prior to the fall of admission; upperclass students should complete the FAFSA by 4/15 prior to the aid year for which they are applying.

My account is showing a credit balance. When and How do I request a refund?

For students with a credit balance on the student account (credit balances show in parentheses), refunds can be processed starting on or about the first day of classes. Funds showing as "pending" aid can not be refunded. To request a refund, the student must log into UDSIS and select "Request a Refund" under the "Finances" heading. The link is a web form the student must complete. Simply follow the instructions. Refunds are processed either through direct deposit (quickest method) or by check. If you have a question regarding your refund request, and the 10-14 day processing period has passed, please submit your ReqID.

When will I be notified of my financial aid eligibility for the upcoming year?

Notification of a students' financial aid eligibility differs based on whether the student is an admitted freshman, returning, transfer, or graduate student. For specific applications, application dates, and notification dates, click on your population below:

Please click on your population above.
FAFSAFAFSA*Freshmen who have been admitted by February 1st and filed a FAFSA by the January 15th deadline should expect to see their Financial Aid Award Package by early February. Freshman who have been admitted by March 1st and filed their FAFSA by the recommended deadline should expect to see their Financial Aid Award Package by mid-March.
FAFSAFAFSA*A limited number of endowed scholarships can be found under "Other UD" here. Application is required and the deadline is June 15th. Notification will be issued by Mid-July.


My Financial aid does not meet my expenses. What are my options?

If your financial aid does not meet your expenses, you may want to consider either a Federal Direct PLUS (Parent) loan or an alternative loan. Federal Direct PLUS loans are federal loans available to parents of dependent students. Alternative loans are non-federal loans offered through a bank or other lending institution. Information about both types of loan programs can be found here.

Search for additional answers by typing key words pertaining to your question in the search box. Questions will automatically populate on the screen as you type. You may also select a category in conjunction with entering key words or you may only select a category to view all the questions in that group.

Type a key word to begin searching:   And / Or Select a Category   reset search

Loading data, please wait...

Important Announcements

2017 Summer Billing and Due Date Schedule

  Bills Communicated Due Dates*
Summer All Students starting April 17 1st day of classes
*Pay balance in full. No installment plan is available. To ensure your account is financially clear: report additional credits that are not showing in system but will help pay your bill.

Important Changes to Federal Financial Aid for 2017-2018 Academic Year
Effective July 1, 2017, there will be changes to financial aid programs due to changes in federal regulations that may affect you. Click here for a summary of changes for 2017-2018. We recommend you review these changes carefully and plan ahead for your educational future.

Other Useful Information

Information and Resources
Student Financial Services is pleased to provide the following resources for our students. Below you can find presentations and handouts regarding financing a UD education. You can also find information on using My Finances, the University's self-service site for your student account.

Additional Tutorials

Federal Loan Exit Counseling:
Students who will not be registered at least half-time in the fall and who have borrowed federal educational loans are required to complete a process known as Exit Counseling. Students can complete this process at and may contact the Federal Direct Loans group (800-848-0979) with any questions.

SFS Office Hours

Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.