My Security Update
The University of Delaware is changing the way members of the UD community access their accounts and UD apps. These changes will enhance the security of your UD accounts and make it easier for you to reset your UDelNet password. (Review March 16, 2016 UDaily announcement).
- Using longer passwords is more secure than using shorter PINs during a login process. Therefore, the University is retiring the use of PINs. If you do not have a UDelNet password, you will set one as part of this security update. That password can be used with either your UDelNet ID (first part of your @udel.edu email address) or your UD ID (Empl ID).
- Members of the University community will record answers to security questions that they can use to verify their identity when resetting their UDelNet passwords. If students or employees forget their UD passwords, answering these security questions will replace the use of a UD ID and a PIN to reset a password.
- You will be asked to review the communication methods that UD has on file for you (e.g. telephone numbers).
- If you forget your login information, you will need to verify your identity using one of the communication methods you have listed.
- You will also need to have timely access to one of the communication methods you have listed in order to respond to a password reset verification message.
- A cell phone for text messages is recommended. There are no UD charges for a text message; however, depending on your cell service, message and data rates may apply.
When do I need to make the changes?
Most UD studnets and employees have already completed the update. Completing the update will be mandatory for UD miscellaneous wage employees on June 26, 2017.
If you have a UDelNet ID, you can go to My UD Settings: UDelNet Security Update now to update your security settings.
- UD IT staff recommend that you choose to take advantage of this security update before you are required to do so to avoid having to do it when you might be rushed. Log in to My UD Settings: UDelNet Security Update and follow the directions presented.
If you wait until you are required to make this security update, after you log in to a UD app or service that requires a UD CAS login (e.g Google Apps at UD, Web Forms), you will be required to make the changes efore you can use theservice you are logging in to.
- One you record your answers to the UD security questions, your PIN will be retired and you will use your UDelNEt password and either your UDelNet ID (first part of your @udel.edu email address) or UD ID (Empl ID) to log in to UD apps and services.
- Other members of the UD community (e.g. retirees, alumni, parents and guardians, and prospective graduate students) will be required to complete this security update at a later date.
What do I need to do?
- If you do not use or do not have a UDelNet password, you will create one. UDelNet passwords must be at least 12 characters long and include at least one character from three of these four character sets:
- uppercase letters
- lowercase letters
- punctuation and special characters (excluding the space character).
- You will be prompted to record answers to UD security questions. You can use these questions and answers to reset your UDelNet password if you forget your password or if UD requires you to change your password.
- You will also be prompted to review all your communication methods. If you forget your login information, you will need to verify a phone number that is associated with your account. You will also need to have timely access to this phone in order to respond to a password reset verification message.
- You will also register for two-factor authentication (2FA). 2FA offers addiitonal protection for your confidential informaiton by requiring that you use your UDelNet ID, your password, and a unique, temporary security code to access your account and your information. This temporary code can be sent to a phone by voice or text, emailed to you, or generated by a smartphone app (Google Authenticator).