VoIP phone basics
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is the latest phone system technology. VoIP phone systems convert regular telephone calls into digital data, delivering the voice communications over the Internet, or a packet-switched network. Essentially, when using a VoIP system, you are using the data network to make telephone calls as opposed to a traditional phone line.
- Every VoIP model phone has CALLER ID and a message waiting indicator light.
- Free domestic long-distance calling, including Alaska and Hawaii.
- Improved sound quality.
- Cost of the VoIP phone service remains the same.
- UD phone numbers remain the same as the old Centrex phone system.
- Conferencing for up to six total participants (internal or external).
- Call forwarding, call waiting, voicemail, caller ID, and three-way calling are some of the many services included at no extra charge.
- Voice mail will have enhanced features.