Wall of Fame
Ten Blue Hens to be inducted into UDAA Alumni Wall of Fame
11:52 a.m., May 24, 2013--Ten distinguished individuals will be inducted into the University of Delaware Alumni Association’s Alumni Wall of Fame on Saturday, June 1, at 4:30 p.m. in the Gore Recital Hall of the Roselle Center for the Arts.
The ceremony, part of UD’s Alumni Weekend activities, will be followed by a reception from 5:30-7 p.m. in the lobby. The event is open to the public and pre-registration is required online or by calling 302-831-2341.
National Medal of Science
In recognition of the many notable achievements of its alumni, the University and the University of Delaware Alumni Association established the Alumni Wall of Fame in 1984.
The Wall of Fame recognizes outstanding professional and public service achievements by UD graduates.
The 2013 inductees are:
- Barry J. Bentley '78, executive vice president and director, Bentley Systems Inc.;
- Keith A. Bentley '80, chief technology officer and director, Bentley Systems Inc.;
- Elizabeth Casey Halley '81, principal, Center for Transforming Health, the MITRE Corporation;
- Wayne R. Hanby '76, retired justice of the peace, state of Delaware;
- W. Edwin Kee Jr. '73 '75M '96M, Secretary of Agriculture, state of Delaware;
- Kathleen Kline Mangione '85, professor of physical therapy, Arcadia University;
- David A. Plouffe '10, senior adviser, AKP&D;
- James A. Sears '70, retired vice president and chief accounting officer, CIGNA Corp.;
- Timothy E. Shanahan '80PhD, professor of education and director of the UIC Center for Literacy, University of Illinois; and
- Liz Ann Sonders '86, senior vice president and chief investment strategist, Charles Schwab and Company Inc.
UD Alumni Association
All University of Delaware graduates are automatically granted membership in the UD Alumni Association (UDAA) upon graduation and are inducted with a pinning ceremony at Commencement. The UDAA is proudly dedicated to engaging the entire alumni community by fostering a tradition of lifelong loyalty and commitment to University of Delaware. The UDAA provides exceptional value and ongoing support to alumni worldwide by expanding benefits available to alumni, supporting regional and affinity club events, recognizing alumni and their accomplishments and more.
Office of Alumni Relations
The University of Delaware Office of Alumni Relations promotes a lifelong relationship between the University and more than 160,000 living alumni, all of whom are members of the UD Alumni Association, by providing programs, events and awards for alumni and students, maintaining traditions and fostering Blue Hen pride. For more information, visit the website.
Held the first weekend after Commencement each year, Alumni Weekend is a tradition that is growing in popularity and in size. More than 3,000 Blue Hens and friends attended in 2011, participating in activities such as Mug Night, the Blue Hen 5K, President Patrick Harker's State of the University address and the Alumni Wall of Fame Ceremony.