In response to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, University staff and faculty have been instructed to work remotely in order to minimize the spread of infection. Until further notice, our physical office is closed. In order to receive the most timely response to your inquiry, please email email@example.com. Voicemail messages left for our staff members are also being forwarded, and voicemail messages left on our main line are being converted into tickets for management. If you are a UD employee having issues using your purchasing card, you may also contact Bank of America directly at (888) 449-2273 for immediate assistance. For more information about the COVID-19 virus and the University’s resulting operational changes, please visit www.udel.edu/coronavirus.
New Process for Bid WaiversEffective July 1, 2022, any requisition which requires a justification of bid waiver should be made on a non-catalog requisition. The old Bid Waiver form in UD Exchange has been retired. The new process is much easier - just check the "Waiver of Bid" box on your requisition and attach the completed PDF form called UD Waiver of Bid Request. The PDF form is available in UDX Quick Links and from the UD Exchange Resources page.
2022 Supplier Diversity Engagement SummitINTERESTED IN LEARNING HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH THE UNIVERSITY AND OUR SUPPLIER DIVERSITY PLANS? ATTEND THE SUPPLIER DIVERSITY ENGAGEMENT SUMMIT ON WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 3RD , 9AM-12PM. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER CLICK HERE
Increase to mileage rates for second half of 2022The Internal Revenue Service has increased the standard mileage rate by 4 cents per mile for business travel for the final 6 months of 2022. The mileage rate for travel from January 1 through June 30, 2022 is 58.5 cents per mile. The new rate of 62.5 cents per mile will be effective July 1, 2022. For more information please visit the statement on the IRS website.
Effective Wednesday, June 8, 2022 - Changes to Check Pick-up ProcedureWhile Procurement Services continues to work remotely, checks that require in-person pick-up will be held at the Cashier's Office located in the Student Services Building at 30 Lovett Avenue, Newark, DE, 19716. The Cashier's Office is open M-F 8:00AM - 5:00PM. Once you have been notified that your check(s) is ready for pickup, please bring your photo ID and proceed to the Cashier's Window to sign out checks.
New and Updated Supplier RequestsProcurement Services is working under the direction of Internal Audit to refine processes related to new and updated suppliers. To help us expedite supplier requests, please note the following:
- The University of Delaware does not accept unsolicited requests for supplier registration and will not register suppliers who submit their own information.
- University employees cannot provide assistance or complete the forms on behalf of a supplier. Suppliers must contact the IRS or a tax professional if they require assistance.
- The default payment method for all suppliers will be a check. However, if suppliers provide banking information for ACH (direct deposit) or international wire payments, this information must be verified by Procurement staff. Please let your contact know that we may be in touch with someone at their organization to confirm the information on their form. For domestic suppliers, our staff member will provide the W-9 reference number to authenticate that the inquiry is legitimate.
- If you already work with an existing, active supplier that needs to update their address or other details, please ask them to submit an updated UD W-9 (see below) or IRS W-8/Data Collection form (see below). Procurement staff cannot update supplier records without documentation.
- Suppliers that are inactive in PeopleSoft or UD Exchange can only be reactivated by submission of a new UD W-9 (see below) or IRS W-8/Data Collection form (see below). All previous addresses and banking information not submitted on the new forms will remain deactivated.
- There is no need to email Procurement the reference number the supplier gets after completing the W-9. That is for their records, and yours, when checking to confirm a supplier match in UD Exchange. Learn how to check the status of a supplier’s registration in the Finding New Suppliers section of our Supplier Information How-to Guide.
- Please do not submit TeamDynamix tickets (including emails to firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting the status of a supplier setup. We do not review forms for accuracy prior to processing. We are working through the queue as quickly as possible, in the order received.
- Other questions may be directed to email@example.com so they can be assigned to a staff member. Please remember that firstname.lastname@example.org is ONLY set up to receive invoices against UD-issued purchase orders, not inquiries or other correspondence.
Domestic Supplier requests and updates:
- The UD W-9 is a substitute for the IRS W-9 form. It includes the collection of additional information needed to create a valid supplier record. We cannot create a supplier record with only an IRS W-9 form. Please direct your supplier contact to www.udel.edu/W9 to complete and submit the substitute UD W-9.
- The supplier’s legal name must match their tax ID number on record with the IRS. Mismatches will result in a delay, and the supplier will be asked to complete a new online W-9. If the supplier submits multiple W-9s, this will also delay review past the standard turn-around time.
- Please advise your supplier to use the comment field in the online W-9 to let us know they are working with you; this will help speed the process and give us an internal UD contact for any questions. This field can also be used to provide full legal name which may not fit in the related legal name box on the form.
NEW PROCESS for Foreign Supplier Requests and UpdatesAs of December 1, 2021, all foreign supplier requests must be submitted with the new data collection form and follow the below process:
- Please request for your supplier to provide you with:
- a completed IRS W-8 form:
- W-8BEN for Individuals
- W-8BEN-E for Registered Businesses or Corporate Entities
- Per IRS regulations, the University of Delaware is required to obtain a valid W-8 form from all foreign individuals and entities receiving payment from the University.
- Please note that this form expires 3 years from the date of signing
- A completed Supplier Data Collection Form for Foreign Suppliers
- a completed IRS W-8 form:
- Once the supplier has completed the W-8 and the data collection form, the engaging UD department should submit both forms to email@example.com with "W-8" and the supplier’s name in the subject line. The email must include a detailed business justification for the anticipated transaction or payment as well as any contracts, quotes, or other relevant documentation.
- IMPORTANT: If you are arranging payment to a Non-U.S. Citizen/Non-Permanent Resident providing services in the U.S. while on an immigration visa (including students), you must first contact UD International Student & Scholar Services to complete the validation process to ensure that the individual is legally eligible to receive such payment. This is the responsibility of the engaging department, and Procurement Services will assume that this has been completed if we receive a request for supplier registration and payment.
- W-8 forms and related instructions are available on the IRS website: www.irs.gov.
Supplier Diversity ProgramUD has established a Supplier Diversity Program to coordinate and expand our use of local and diverse suppliers throughout the University. Every member of the UD community can support this important initiative. Faculty and staff are required to follow UD’s procurement and supplier diversity policies and are encouraged to embrace the spirit of this effort when using University resources on goods and services. Please contact the Chief Supplier Diversity Officer, Victoria Daniels, at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance while the Supplier Diversity webpage is under construction.
IT Purchasing Access in UD ExchangeThe UD Exchange Catalog and Forms Showcase offers two shopping tiles: Technology Hardware/Software-Faculty/Staff and Computer Hardware/Software-IT Professionals Only.
- If you need to purchase a technology solution, including renewals or changes to an existing contract, get started by clicking the “Technology Hardware/Software - Faculty-Staff” tile in the Catalog & Forms Showcase, then select the “Purchase a New Tech Solution” option. The tile connects to the UDIT Technology Request, which will provide the appropriate guidance, review and recommendations needed prior to making a technology purchase. The Technology Request process should be completed before purchasing or submitting a Purchase Order (PO) requisition.
- If you need to purchase a computer, connect with your department’s IT Pro for the correct computer specifications and hardware standards in place at UD. If you do not have a department IT Pro, get started by clicking the “Technology Hardware/Software - Faculty-Staff” tile in the Catalog & Forms Showcase, then select the “Purchase Computer Equipment” option. The tile connects to the UD Request Computer Equipment Purchase (https://services.udel.edu/TDClient/32/Portal/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=40), which will provide the appropriate guidance, review and recommendations needed prior to making a computer technology purchase. The Purchase Computer Equipment process should be completed before purchasing or submitting a Purchase Order (PO) requisition. Small purchases such as mice, keyboards, monitors and other accessories are available to purchase through the appropriate vendor tiles without IT review and approval.
REU-Stipend Decision ChartDo you pay undergraduate students for summer research? Are you confused about whether you onboard them as employees, pay them in UD Exchange or pay them via a Payment to Individual webform? Want to know what attachments and approvals are needed? Together with the Research Office and Payroll we have put together a guide to help! Refer to the REU-Stipend Decision Chart to learn how to get your research students paid quickly! As with all things, please email email@example.com with any questions.
Payment to Individual Webform GuideDo you need to request a payment for an individual? Are you unsure as to whether you should use the Payment to Individual webform or UD Exchange to request the payment? Have you had a Payment to Individual webform returned to you by Procurement? Refer to the Payment to Individual Tips guide to learn when to use the form, recommended best practices, and how to resolve issues that might have caused the form to be returned to you by Procurement.
Concur Card Reissue UPDATED 7/27/2021All UD Concur credit cards will be expiring July 31, 2021. Most replacement credit cards were sent to cardholders’ home addresses. However, if you do not live within Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Maryland or Pennsylvania, your card was delivered to Procurement Services and made available to your department’s card administrator for pick-up and distribution. If you did not receive a replacement card, please contact Procurement at firstname.lastname@example.org. All necessary card activation information can be found on the Concur homepage in the Company Notes section.
Procurement Drop-InsProcurement Services staff hosts three Zoom Drop-In Help Sessions every week for UD staff and faculty. The sessions are staffed by representatives from each area of Procurement including Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Suppliers, UD Credit Card and Travel (Concur), and UD Exchange. Please feel free to join the Zoom session at any time within the hour to ask your Procurement questions or request assistance with an issue. The sessions are available from the calendared Zoom link in our Events page. You must be logged into Zoom with UD credentials to join. We look forward to seeing you there!
Updated Terms and ConditionsProcurement Services has updated terms and conditions effective May 1, 2021.
Freight Charges in UD ExchangeProcurement Services has approved a new process for handling of freight charges in UD Exchange. Although we still recommend making provision for freight on the requisition, failure to do so will not hold up payment of the invoice any longer while a change request is initiated and processed. Please note that the process has not changed for webforms.
Fabricated Equipment Reminder
As per the University of Delaware Class I Movable Equipment Policy 5-10, Fabricated equipment is composed of material purchased for the purpose of building, constructing or assembling of Class I equipment that will be so identified upon completion. Class I equipment at the University of Delaware will include those items in which material costs alone are $5,000 or more, and will not include labor costs.
The above conditions must be met in order to utilize account codes 153100 (Parts-Equipment Fabrication) or 153101 (Equipment Fabricated-External). Account 153100 is utilized when fabricating equipment that will be utilized and capitalized by UD. Account 153101 is utilized when fabricating equipment that will be transferred to an outside entity and will not be utilized or capitalized by UD.
In order to reduce the amount of rejected requisitions, please provide an internal justification on what is being fabricated and how the above conditions will be met. If you have questions on the use of these accounts, please contact Susan Bledsoe at email@example.com prior to completing the requisition for guidance.
Gift Card PurchasesWhen buying gift cards on behalf of the University, please ensure that the purchase is in accordance with University Policy 3-23 regarding gifts to external parties. Gift cards are considered by the IRS to be taxable income for the recipient and should therefore not be purchased for University employees. Electronic gift cards should be sent directly to the intended recipient, not the University employee purchasing the card. The University department issuing gift cards should maintain a log recording every gift card purchased along with the gift card recipient’s first and last name, the dollar value of the gift card issued as well as the purpose for which the gift card was issued. The log and related information should be attached to the Concur expense report as business justification for the purchase. Gift cards should never be given in exchange for services rendered to the University. If the total value of all gift cards and other payments issued to an individual exceed $600 in a calendar year, this should be reported to the University’s Accounts Payable manager for tax reporting purposes.
With regard to gift card purchases on Amazon specifically: due to the potential risks involved with the purchase and issuance of gift cards, unusual gift card purchases may be investigated by Amazon’s risk prevention team which will require additional verification in order to proceed with the purchase. Please contact Procurement if you are anticipating an unusual gift card purchase on Amazon.
DocuSignThe University has a DocuSign account to facilitate electronic signatures on contracts and other documents. If you have a need to create DocuSign envelopes in order to circulate these documents for electronic signature, an account can be set up for you. Effective immediately, the administration of DocuSign accounts will be handled by Alicia Walker in the Office of General Counsel - please email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Before doing so, please familiarize yourself with and practice using DocuSign by creating a free demo account at https://go.docusign.com/o/sandbox/; reference materials and in depth training guides are available at DocuSign University and DocuSign Support. A DocuSign account is not needed to sign documents, but please be aware that due to the COVID-19 virus impacting the physical presence of staff and faculty throughout campus, you may receive documents requesting your signature. If you have a question about whether a document is legitimate and was sent by UD, please also contact Alicia at email@example.com.
Amazon Business Prime AccountThe University has centralized Amazon purchasing under an Amazon Business Prime Account. As departments transition webform and other purchasing activity to UD Exchange, Procurement will begin to review and inactivate p-card use for the Amazon Business Prime account. If you are still purchasing from Amazon using a p-card, please transition your use to UD Exchange. Please remember, use of the Amazon Business Prime account can never be used for personal use and all purchases made from Amazon should be through the Amazon Business account. If you have questions, please refer to the Guide or email Procurement.
Relocation ReimbursementsRelocation reimbursements are no longer processed by Procurement Services and must be completed via S-Contract webform and processed by Payroll. Relocation reimbursements will no longer be processed via Works. Please note that for moving expenses on S-contracts, department should use Earn code TME and account 120400.
Requirements when using Square and PayPalIn response to the decreased transparency of credit card payments made via Square or PayPal, new requirements are now in place.
UD Car Rental ProcedureProcurement Services has negotiated car rental rates that include the required $1,000,000 Supplemental Liability Insurance coverage. When making a reservation, the traveler must reference the designated CDP or Contract ID number to ensure that adequate insurance coverage is in place.
» More information about UD car rental procedure