It is important that, whenever possible, you use supported versions of software on your computers, tablets, smartphones, and other internet-capable devices. If you use software for which a vendor does not provide security updates, you could endanger information stored on your computer or device and your computer or network accounts. The best way you can protect your computer is through enabling automatic software updates, and allowing them to run as frequently as possible.
This list of versions of major software packages supported by the vendors and by the University was last updated in June 2016.
For information about software not listed on this page, consult the vendor’s website, contact your department or college’s IT professionals, or contact the IT Support Center.
- Any Connect VPN client software—Version 4 and later
- McAfee (More information)
- Mac Users—Version 9.6 or newer.
- Windows Users—Version 8.8 or newer.
- PuTTY—Version .63 or later. Visit UDeploy to download the latest version.
- WinSCP—Download the most recent version at UDeploy.
- Adobe—Visit Adobe's support list for supported versions of various Adobe products including Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Flash Player.
- Java—Version 8 will stop receiving updates as of March 2017. Version 7 stopped receiving updates as of April 2015 and should be removed.Visit Oracle's website for more information.
- Microsoft Office—Visit Microsoft's software lifecycle Web page for supported versions of various Microsoft products. Support for all components of Microsoft Office 2007 will end on October 10, 2017.