UD IT retiring University McAfee license
As of June 30, 2019, UD's license to use McAfee expires. People using UD-licensed McAfee on UD-owned or personal devices must remove this software.
Options to protect computers:
- Windows systems may use the built-in Windows Defender program for Windows 10.
- We advise that Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 systems be upgraded to Windows 10 so that they can run Windows Defender. If a system cannot be upgraded, contact the UD IT Support Center for options to secure the system.
- Windows systems that store or access sensitive data may use Cylance. Contact the UD IT Support Center to request this software.
- macOS systems may use Cylance. Contact the UD IT Support Center to request this software.
Personally owned devices
- For Windows systems, we recommend using the built-in Windows Defender program for Windows 10.
- For Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 systems, install a virus protection product of your choice.
- For macOS systems, we recommend Avast Security.
Removing UD-licensed McAfee VirusScan
To remove McAfee VirusScan, follow the instructions below for your operating system. If you experience difficulty removing McAfee, contact the UD IT Support Center for assistance.
- On the Start menu select Settings.
- In Settings, select Apps > Apps & features.
- Select McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, and then select Uninstall.
- Follow the directions on the screen.
- Click the Start button.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Click Programs and
- Click to highlight McAfee VirusScan Enterprise.
- At the top of the window, click Uninstall.
- After the program is uninstalled, close the Programs and Features window.
- If prompted, restart your computer.
- Install a virus protection product of your choice.
- Open a Terminal window from the Utilities folder and enter the following command:
sudo /usr/local/McAfee/uninstall EPM
- Enter your macOS user account password when prompted.