UD Microsoft Licensing
Jump to Licenses for University-owned
systems | Licenses for personally owned systems
Microsoft Volume Licensing Enrollment for Education
The University of Delaware has obtained a subscription
license from Microsoft to give departments and institutional
users of University-owned computers fast and easy access to the most current desktop platform
products from Microsoft.
The Microsoft Volume Licensing Enrollment for Education
Solutions (EES) entitles all departments—and every active faculty and staff member—to subscription licenses for Microsoft's
Education Desktop with Enterprise CAL Suite product which
includes the following software
for use on University-owned systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise Upgrade
- Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise Upgrade
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Upgrade
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 and Microsoft Office 2011 Mac
- Microsoft Enterprise Client Access License (CAL) Suite, which includes the following:
- Exchange Server Standard CAL
- Exchange Server Enterprise CAL
- Forefront Unified Access Gateway CAL
- All of the current components of the Forefront Protection
- Lync Server Standard CAL
- Lync Server Enterprise CAL
- SharePoint Server Standard CAL
- SharePoint Server Enterprise CAL
- System Center Endpoint Protection
- System Center Configuration Manager Client Management License
- All of the current components of the System Center
Client Management Suite
- Windows Server Standard CAL
- Windows Server Rights Management Services CAL.
- The products listed may at any time be replaced by successor
- This agreement includes the option of installing or deploying
"downgrade" versions (previous versions) in place of the current
versions available through the EES subscription license.
For instance, you can choose to
deploy the Windows 7 Enterprise operating system instead of the
Windows 8 or 10 Enterprise operating system.
- IT Professionals needing
various components of the Enterprise CAL Suite should contact
the IT Support Center. (Submit a Help Request
Form; call 302-831-6000; send email to
Licenses for use on personally owned
computers and devices
- University-owned computers
Eligible faculty & staff may download the Windows and Office
software for installation under the EES license on University-owned computers
from the UDeploy licensed software server.
This software is not to be downloaded
for personal use.
- Microsoft Work at Home
Microsoft agreement includes limited Work at Home rights.
Permanent faculty and staff may purchase and download
a selection of Microsoft Operating Systems (e.g. Windows 10, Windows 8, or
Windows 7) for use on
computers for University-related work only.
The fee is about $10.00 for a Windows license.
For more information, and a link to download the software, go to
the UDeploy Microsoft Work at Home Software License page.
MS Office for personal use and "work at home": University students,
faculty, and staff can now use Microsoft Office 365 for Education
at no charge on personally owned computers. Office 365 for
Education allows students and employees to download and use the
most current versions of Office as long as they are current UD
employees or students enrolled in UD academic courses.
Last updated: September 15, 2015