McAfee Anti-Virus Software: Manual Scanning Instructions
Follow the steps below to scan
your computer's drive(s) for infected files. Any files that can be cleaned
will be retained.
Any infected files that cannot be cleaned will be deleted. If for any reason
you are unable to run a scan or McAfee is unable to clean or delete the virus, reboot
your computer in safe mode and
scan in safe mode.
How to use VirusScan 8.5 to manually scan Windows Vista computers
- Windows Vista users should follow these directions to
temporarily disable system restore.
- All users should delete temporary files prior to running a scan.
- Right-click the V-shield icon in the system tray (bottom-right corner of your computer monitor).
- Left-click VirusScan Console.
- When the window A Program needs your permission to continue appears, left-click Continue.
- Right-click Full Scan .
- Left-click Start.
- VirusScan will take between five minutes and several hours to scan your computer's drive(s) depending on the amount of data on your computer's drive(s).
- If your computer has AdAware or some other anti-spyware software installed, VirusScan will not scan the file. You'll see the message File not scanned [The file is encrypted.].
- When the scan is complete, close VirusScan.
- To be sure that your computer is clean, reboot your computer, and follow steps 2-7 to scan your computer a second time.
- Windows Vista users should reverse the steps to re-enable system restore.