gpa calculator academic catalog
Upcoming Registrar Related Events

Undergraduate Transfer and Test Credit

The Office of the Registrar continues to offer services remotely. Processing and posting transfer credit may take longer than usual – we thank you for your understanding. Please direct questions or concerns to

Important note regarding transfer of credits for courses completed during the COVID-19 pandemic: Undergraduate courses receiving a grade of “Passing” or “Credit,” or a similar non-standard letter grade may be eligible for transfer to UD. This is a temporary change to UD’s transfer credit policy, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The non-letter grade must be equivalent to a C- (1.7 on a 4.0 scale) or better at the sending institution. This must be clearly stated in the transcript legend, on the institution’s website, or in a letter that accompanies the student’s paper transcript.

The University of Delaware allows course transfer from appropriately accredited colleges and universities, and awards credit for certain examinations and education programs.

General information about our policies is found in the Undergraduate Programs section of the Catalog.

For specific information and instructions on seeking course or test evaluation, please refer to the categories below or left menu bar.

  • How to Transfer Courses to UD

  • Transfer Credit Contacts

  • Transfer Matrix

    • Courses Previously Evaluated for UD equivalency
  • Test Credit

    • Credit awarded for AP, IB, GCE, CAPE, CLEP, CPGE & Tech Prep
  • Transfer Credit for Military Experience

    • Credit awarded for military service
  • Articulation Agreements

    • Degree Agreements between UD and certain U.S. institutions

    At the University of Delaware, transfer credit is first reviewed by the Registrar's Office and then, if needed, by the academic department. If you believe a transfer credit decision made by either the Registrar's Office or an academic department has been made in error, see this information regarding the appeal process.

    Are you a Prospective Student?

    • Find Admissions information here
    • International Applicants, click here

    Our Contact Information:

    • Registrar-Transfer Credit
      University of Delaware
      210 South College Avenue
      Newark, DE 19716   USA
      Phone: 302-831-1551      Fax: 302-831-3005