Home Purchase Assistance Program Application Form

The Home Purchase Assistance Program provides a one-time $5,000 payment to full-time benefited exempt employees to be paid after settlement via Payroll on the purchase of a primary residence. The payment will be taxable income to the employee in the year paid and federal, state and local taxes will be withheld, as appropriate. No more than $5,000 shall be made available per home purchase, regardless of the number of eligible employees owning and residing in the home. The residence must be within commutable distance (50 miles) to campus and must be financed not gifted.

Name of Applicant:
Employee ID #:
Settlement Date:
Address of home purchased:
Zip Code:
Job Title:
Home/Cell phone Number:
Office Phone Number:
Hire Date:

Please attach a signed and executed settlement/closing document:
(Total size of files submitted cannot exceed 2Mbs. Please send larger files to and include your employee ID)

File 1:

File 2:

File 3:

File 4:

File 5:

I hereby request $5,000.00 in accordance with terms of the University of Delaware Home Purchase Assistance Program (HPAP), and in consideration thereof I certify:

  1. The home I plan to purchase is a single-family unit that will serve as my primary residence.
  2. I currently intend to remain in the employment of the University of Delaware for a period of at least twelve (12) months from the scheduled settlement date.
  3. I understand that this assistance is taxable income subject to federal, state and local tax withholding.
  4. I qualify for this program as I understand it, am a permanent full-time exempt employee of the University of Delaware and have not previously participated in the Home Purchase Assistance Program or the University Mortgage Program.
  5.  I will provide the Payroll Office a copy of my signed and executed settlement form.


I certify that the information above and the documents provided are correct and valid for the home purchased at the address provided.

Signature of Applicant:

(Name should appear as it does in the University Payroll System)


The Office of the VP For Finance will no longer provide funds at the time of closing. All Funds will be added directly into the employee's pay after settlement.

If you have questions or issues regarding the HPAP form, please contact Payroll at