The Office for International Students and Scholars (OISS) is proud to share our latest research and statistics. For more information about any of the information on this page, please contact our office at email@example.com or (302) 831-2115.
International Student Barometer
OISS introduced the International Student Barometer (ISB) Survey at UD in academic year 2017-18 as a strategic initiative to help better understand the overall experience of our international students in an effort to improve support services in various university settings. The ISB is considered the most widely-used benchmarking tool for tracking the international student experience globally. A summary of UD's ISB data is presented in an
Infographic and Slideshow.
2018 Full and Unit International Student Experience Reports are available to UD employees using CAS login.
OISS Statistical Reports
OISS compiles and publishes annual statistical reports on the number of international students and visiting scholars enrolled at and hosted by the University of Delaware. These data sets, provided by the Office of the University Registrar, the English Language Institute, and OISS, are also reported to the Institute of International Education (IIE) Open Doors Report each year.
- Ammigan, R. (2019). Institutional satisfaction and recommendation: What really matters to international students? Journal of International Students, 9(1), 253–272.
- Shadowen, N., Williamson, A., Guerra, N., Ammigan, R., & Drexler, M. (2019). Understanding the prevalence and correlates of depressive symptoms among international students: Implications for university support offices. Journal of International Students, 9(1), 130–149.
- Ammigan, R. & Schreiber, B. (in press). Student mobility in higher education: A mass movement requiring significant involvement from student affairs and services. In Ludeman, R., Schreiber, B., & Wang, H. (Eds.), Student Affairs and Services in Higher Education: Global Foundations, Issues and Best Practices. Paris, France: UNESCO.
- Ammigan, R., & Jones, E. (2018). Improving the student experience: Learning from a comparative study of international student satisfaction. Journal of Studies in International Education, 22(4), 283-301.
- Ammigan, R. & Laws, N. (2018). Assessing communications preferences among international students: Strategies for creating optimal engagement. Journal of International Students, 8(3), 1295-1318.
- Ammigan, R. & Langton, D (2018). The international student experience in Australia: Implications for administrators and student support staff. International Education Association of Australia (IEAA).
- Ammigan, R. & Perez, A. (2017). International student services. In Shin, J. & Teixeira, P. (Eds.), Encyclopedia of International Higher Education Systems and Institutions (pp. 17-32). Springer. ISBN 978-94-017-8904-2.
- Briggs, P., & Ammigan, R. (2017). A collaborative programming and outreach model for international student support offices. Journal of International Students, 7(4), 1080-1095.
- Perez-Encinas, A., & Ammigan, R. (2016). Support services at Spanish and US institutions: A driver for international student satisfaction. Journal of International Students, 6(4), 984-998.
- Wongtrirat, R., Ammigan, R., & Pérez-Encinas, A. (2015). Building an inclusive community for international students. International Higher Education, (83), 17-18.