Activating your UDelNet account
Follow the instructions below to activate your UDelNet and UD email accounts before you arrive on campus.
When can I activate my UDelNet account?
The date you can activate your UDelNet account will depend on when you will attend UD and your classification as a student.
How do I activate my UDelNet account?
An active UDelNet account provides access to UD email and a host of other services available to UD students.
- Review the UD Responsible Computing Policy
- After submitting your admission deposit to the University, you can create your UDelNet ID (the first part of your UD email address before @udel.edu) and password.
- Log in to My Blue Hen Home with your email address and password.
- Click the option Set-up your UD email account.
- You will now begin the process of creating your UDelNet ID. Follow the step-by-step instructions.
- When you have completed the account creation process, you will be able to immediately log in to your UD email and UD housing your UDelNet ID and UDelNet password. Other secure UD services may take one to two days to activate.
- For more assistance, contact the IT Support Center at (302) 831-6000 or email email@example.com
Graduate students should activate their UDelNet account at the Graduate Account Setup Portal.
Professional & Continuing Studies students taking credit courses
If you are a Continuing Education (CEND) student log in to the Network Page using your UD ID and PIN to activate your UDelNet ID. For more assistance, or to set your PIN, contact (302) 831-8843 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to apply for readmission, contact the Registrar's Office at (302) 831-2131 or email email@example.com. See the Registrar's website for more information.
If you have been accepted for readmission, log in to the UDelNet Security Update to create your UDelNet ID.
How do I log in to my UD email account?
After you activate your UDelNet account, you will have a username and password to log in to UD's email system at Google Apps@UDel.edu. All official University correspondence is sent to your UD email address. You are responsible for reading this mail.
What else do I need to know?
- You should review our computing best practices Web pages for information about keeping your computer and your information safe and secure.
- Review the Technolgoy Purchase Consulting page for recommendations on buying or bringing a computer to campus and for substantial savings on software. You must have an active UDelNet account to purchase specially priced hardware/software
- Know what is covered under your computer's warranty and the level of service you should expect, along with the manufacturer's support number.
- If you have further questions, check out the IT Support Center Web site or submit a Help Request form.