UD SharePoint Online
Microsoft SharePoint Online is a web-based application that allows working groups to collaborate online using a web browser. By using SharePoint, a group can collaborate on documents; share calendars, task lists, and contacts; maintain internal wiki pages and discussion boards; post announcements, and more.
SharePoint Online FAQ
- University of Delaware Faculty, Staff, and Students can request and can be granted access to SharePoint Online sites.
- SharePoint Online sites can be accessed from computers and mobile devices, such as cell phones.
- You must have access to a particular SharePoint site before you can access it. When you are granted access to a SharePoint site, you'll receive a link to access the site. To log in, use your UD email address as your user name, and use your UDelNet password.
- SharePoint Online sites cannot be made public.
- SharePoint sites can have sub-sites. For example, if a department wanted a top level site but also have individual SharePoint sites for groups within the department, the site owner could create sub-sites for each group under the top level site.
- External clients can be granted access to a UD SharePoint site. If you want to be able to grant external users access to a SharePoint site, request it in the SharePoint request form comments section. Site owners can also request external client access for an existing SharePoint site by contacting the UD IT Support Center. An external client must have a Microsoft account to access SharePoint Online. Some clients may already have a Microsoft account through their office or school. A client who does not have a Microsoft account can create one here.
Requesting a SharePoint Online site at UD
You can request a new SharePoint Online site using the UD Sharepoint Site Request
Form. The form will open in a separate tab or window so
that you can refer to this page while completing the form. Provide the following
- Requested site title: The name for your SharePoint site.
- Requested site URL: Usually a short form or acronym for the
site title. The request should be in the form of
"siteURL" with the name you prefer.
- Site owners: The names and UDelNet IDs of the people who will manage
your SharePoint site. More than one person can be a "site
- Site Type: Your SharePoint site's layout is determined by the
site type. Your site will be set up as a "Team" site unless you
request another type.
Accessing a UD SharePoint Online site
When you’ve been granted access to a UD SharePoint site, you will be emailed a link to access the site. When you click the link, you will be prompted to log in. Use your full UD email address as your user name and your UDelNet password to log in. Provide your Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication when prompted.
Learning to use SharePoint Online
Microsoft has videos that show how to use SharePoint Online.
Related: UD SharePoint 2010 Search Committee sites
The University of Delaware uses SharePoint 2010 for UD job searches. Click here to learn more about UD Search Committee sites.