Arranging temporary VPN access for a vendor or guest
A departmental IT staff member can request a vendor or guest
VPN account by contacting the IT Support Center.
- The UD sponsor should submit an ITSC Help Request and include the following information in the Problem details
section of the form:
- Vendor's full name (for an individual) or the full name of
the person in a company or organization for whom access is being
- The company's or organization's name
- Contact phone number (including area code and, if needed,
- Contact email address
- Length of time the guest account is required
- Specific campus IPs this VPN IP will need to access
- Specific services and/or protocols this VPN IP will need to
access (RDP, SSH, etc.).
The account sponsor will be required to download and provide the
AnyConnect software to
the person being given temporary guest access.
Guests must use the UDEL-VPN-GUEST group in the AnyConnect VPN application when connecting to UD's VPN. No other group will work with VPN guest accounts.
- All VPN users are required
to use two-factor authentication (2FA) as part of their VPN
login. All guests must use the Google Authenticator App to
generate a 2FA code during the login process.
- The UD sponsor requesting the guest access is responsible
for the guest's actions while he or she is using UD's VPN
The account will expire at the end of the time requested. If the
guest credentials are required for more than one year, the UD
sponsor will need to confirm that the account is still required
for the account to remain active.