Configure your iPhone or iPad for Google Apps at UD
- Enable IMAP in Google Apps at UD Mail
by doing the following:
- Sign in through your Web browser to googleapps.udel.edu.
- Click the gear icon at the top
of the Gmail page.
- Select Mail Settings.
- On the top menu bar, click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- In IMAP Access, select Enable IMAP.
- Save your changes.
- Set up your iPhone or iPad with your UDelNet ID and Google Apps at UD password:
- Open Settings on your device.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account...
- Select Google
- Type your account information:
- Type your name as you want others to see it in your email.
- For the email address, use your UD email address (email@example.com).
- For the password, type your UDelNet password.
(Note: The iPhone may capitalize your email address or password. You can tell this is happening if the SHIFT key on the virtual keyboard is lit. If the first character should not be capitalized, tap the SHIFT key to turn it off then type your email address or password.)
- You will automatically be directed to the standard University of Delaware Google Apps login page. Re-enter your UDelNet ID and password.
- The description can be anything your want it to be.
- Tap Next
- You will be given a choice of which Google services to sync to the iPhone or iPad. If you're only interested in mail, make sure that is the only service you turn on.
- Select Save