Jan. 27: Live Well Festival
Wellness-themed Live Well Festival to be held at Perkins Student Center
9:13 a.m., Jan. 11, 2016--The University Student Centers, Student Wellness and Health Promotion, Healthy Hens and Recreation Services at the University of Delaware have teamed up to host a wellness-themed celebration, the Live Well Festival, from 3-8 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 27, in the Perkins Student Center.
Students are encouraged to bring their UD IDs so that they can swipe into the event at Perkins’ Information Desk to win a variety of prizes. All activities are free and open to the UD community:
June 5: Blue Hen 5K
June 6-9: Food and culture series
- Make-your-own overnight oats and trail mix in Perkins Concourse from 3-7 p.m. with a Mason jar decoration station.
- Blacklight zumba and fitness games in Rodney Room with Healthy Hens and Recreation Services from 3-7 p.m., featuring glow paint and a blacklit winter-themed photo station.
- Blues Lounge in East Lounge from 3-7 p.m. with hot chocolate, apple cider, and live blues music by guitarist Jeffrey Attakorah and saxophonist Khari Hayden.
- Interactive information tables and activity stations in the Concourse from 3-6 p.m. with Veg Club, PoW!, Collegiate Recovery Community and Healthy Hens.
- Recovery Yoga with the Transformation Yoga Project in Perkins Gallery from 3-4:15 p.m.
- Massages in Perkins Gallery from 4:30-7 p.m.
- Wellness themed Quizzo and prizes in West Lounge from 5:45-6:45 p.m. with the University Student Centers.
Students are encouraged to pick up raffle prize tickets at each of the information tables, which can be turned in at West Lounge by 6:45 p.m. for a chance to win a variety of wellness related prizes.
Featured speaker Emily Nagoski will take the stage in West Lounge at 7 p.m. to close out the festival with a talk on healthy sexuality. Nagoski is a UD alumna and the author of The New York Times bestseller Come As You Are.
For more details on the Live Well Festival, visit the website.
Article and banner by Casey Impagliazzo