University of Delaware
The Resident Ensemble Players, the University of Delaware's professional acting company, has announced ticket availability for the 2014-15 theatre season.

REP tickets

Resident Ensemble Players box office opens for 2014-15 theatre season


10:33 a.m., Aug. 8, 2014--The box office for the Resident Ensemble Players (REP), the University of Delaware’s professional acting company, has opened for the 2014-15 theatre season.

At that time, full-season subscriptions and four-show flexible voucher subscriptions will be available for sale; single tickets go on sale Aug. 25.

Campus Stories

From graduates, faculty

As it neared time for the processional to open the University of Delaware Commencement ceremonies, graduating students and faculty members shared their feelings about what the event means to them.

Doctoral hooding

It was a day of triumph, cheers and collective relief as more than 160 students from 21 nations participated in the University of Delaware's Doctoral Hooding Convocation held Friday morning on The Green.

Regular box office hours are Monday through Friday, noon to 5 p.m.  The box office can be reached at 302-831-2204, by email at, or in person in the main lobby foyer of the Roselle Center for the Arts, 110 Orchard Road.

The REP has increased its entertainment offerings for the upcoming season by adding a sixth production. Full season information can be found at the REP website.

2014-15 plays

Angels in America: The Millennium Approaches, by Tony Kushner, Sept. 25-Oct. 12. Winner of a Pulitzer Prize, the harrowing, uproarious, and magical Angels in America is a fiercely theatrical modern morality play and a landmark of the American stage.

Macbeth, by William Shakespeare, Nov. 13-Dec. 7. In his timeless tragedy of lethal ambition, the Bard’s Macbeth and his Lady ascend to the Scottish throne through deceit and murder, only to find that their appetite for power causes their undoing.

The Millionairess, by George Bernard Shaw, Jan. 22-Feb. 8. Shaw creates a marvelous satire of romance, capitalism, and integrity – or the lack thereof. Eppy, the Millionairess, has a gift for making money but none for finding love. A delightfully topsy-turvy view of disparity between the 1 percent and the other 99 percent makes Shaw’s witty play fascinatingly relevant.

Juno and the Paycock, by Sean O’Casey, March 5-March 22. Mixing drama and pathos with robust humor, O’Casey creates a vivid depiction of Irish working-class life during a nasty civil war in this modern classic. Jack Boyle, the “Paycock,” and Juno, the strong-willed and long-suffering matriarch of the family, muddle through the drinking, dreaming, and distraction of 1923 Dublin.

All in the Timing, by David Ives, April 15-May 10. This collection of brilliant short comedies takes the audience on a whirlwind tour-de-force of wit and wordplay, exploring the riotous ways in which language both unites and divides us.

The 39 Steps, adapted by Patrick Barlow, from the novel by John Buchan, from the movie of Alfred Hitchcock, April 23-May 10. A wildly inventive and hilarious homage to both the Hitchcock film and the great man himself, has four actors create almost 150 characters who romp, stomp, and roll through this raucous comedy of espionage, romance, and adventure.

About the REP

The Resident Ensemble Players (REP), established in 2008 and located at the University of Delaware, is a professional theatre company whose mission is to engage audiences throughout the tri-state area with frequent, outstanding productions of a variety of classic, modern, and contemporary plays performed in a wide variety of styles that celebrate and demonstrate the range, breadth, and ability to transform a full-time ensemble of nationally respected stage actors.

The REP is committed to create future audiences for live theatre by offering its productions at low prices that enable and encourage the attendance of everyone in the region regardless of income.

News Media Contact

University of Delaware
Communications and Public Affairs

UDaily is produced by
Communications and Public Affairs

The Academy Building
105 East Main Street
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716 | USA
Phone: (302) 831-2792