13 students selected to participate in Legislative Fellows Program
1:12 p.m., Feb. 4, 2014--Thirteen students will have the opportunity to assist legislators in addressing critical issues facing the state during the 2014 Legislative Fellows Program.
Through the Legislative Fellows Program a partnership between the University of Delaware and the Delaware General Assembly students conduct non-partisan research, respond to constituent concerns and staff committees.
Reviresco June run
The students, selected from the University of Delaware, Delaware State University and Wesley College, will intern for the state General Assembly for 20 hours a week from January through June.
In recent years, fellows have worked on areas as diverse as land-use planning, education reform and juvenile justice. The 2014 Legislative Fellows Program class includes 11 UD students. The fellows are:
- Tyler Berl, master of arts student specializing in public health;
- Elizabeth Burland, 4+1 bachelor of arts (honors) and master of arts student majoring in public policy with a concentration in nonprofits and philanthropy;
- Peter Conforti, 4+1 bachelor of arts/master of public administration (MPA) student majoring in public policy;
- Caitlin Del Collo, master of arts student specializing in social policy;
- Raequan Jones, bachelor of arts student at Delaware State University majoring in political science with a minor in law studies;
- Christopher Kelly, MPA student specializing in public management;
- Alexandra Leach, MPA student specializing in public policy;
- Leann Moore, MPA student specializing in nonprofit management;
- Rebekah Perry, MPA student specializing in public management;
- Tanner Polce, master of business administration student at Wesley College with a concentration in executive leadership;
- Alexa Scoglietti, MPA student specializing in public management;
- Verity Watson, MPA student specializing in policy and program development.
Photo by Kathy F. Atkinson