Graduate School Fair
Oct. 12 grad fair to include 90 exhibitors from UD, other universities
1:57 p.m., Oct. 2, 2012--The Graduate School Fair, set for Friday, Oct. 12, from 4 to 6 p.m., at the University of Delaware's Trabant University Center will offer lots of opportunities to learn about graduate programs at UD and numerous other universities, from Chicago to Miami. More than 90 exhibitors will be on hand.
Hosted in conjunction with the National McNair Scholars Research Conference at UD, the Graduate Fair is free and open to anyone considering graduate school. It has been organized by the University's Office of Graduate and Professional Education, working with the McNair Scholars Program.
June 6: UDid It! Picnic
2FA protects you
“We are pleased to continue our longstanding collaboration with UD’s McNair Scholars Program and to promote our exemplary graduate program offerings to prospective graduate and professional students,” said Charlie Riordan, UD’s vice provost for research and for graduate and professional education.
Attendees will have the opportunity to talk with faculty, current graduate students and program representatives, as well as attend panel discussions to gain practical tips for preparing for graduate school.
The first panel, “Application Tips from Faculty,” will feature the following UD professors: Mark Parcells, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources; Deborah Steinberger, College of Arts and Sciences; Eric Furst, College of Engineering; Gail Rys, College of Education and Human Development; and Jonathan Cohen, College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment.
The second panel, “Graduate Student Life,” will be led by Emily Bonistall, president of UD Graduate Student Government, and include current UD graduate students.
The following UD units will be represented at the Graduate Fair. For a comprehensive list of all the participating institutions, encompassing more than 90 exhibitors, visit this website.
- Art History
- Behavioral Health and Nutrition
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Delaware Biotechnology Institute
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Engineering Outreach
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics
- Linguistics and Cognitive Science
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Physical Therapy
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Policy and Administration
- Software Engineering
- Student Multimedia Design Center