Core Facilities Open House
Open house presents life science equipment, services available through INBRE institutions
10:30 a.m., May 4, 2012--Life science researchers from across Delaware are invited to attend the INBRE Core Facilities Open House, Thursday, May 10, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.
The event is designed to present an overview of the life science core equipment and services available at the Delaware IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) partner institutions and to foster relationships between the core facilities and the surrounding research community. Advance registration is required at this website.
Prof. Heck's legacy
“We are excited to host this year’s Core Facilities Open House at Nemours,” said Jenn Holbrook of the Biomolecular Core Laboratory, which provides essential services in molecular biology and genetics to clinical and research staff. “Since this event coincides with Nemours Biomedical Research Week, we are hoping for a fabulous turnout,” Holbrook said.
“The state of Delaware has numerous outstanding equipment resources that have high value for academic, industrial and health care researchers,” noted event co-chair Kirk Czymmek, director of the UD Bio-Imaging Center.
Czymmek said the open house is an excellent opportunity for researchers to learn more about these resources and to discuss projects directly with core facility directors. The event also complements the comprehensive searchable core facilities website.
Guest speakers include Karl Steiner, senior associate provost for research development at UD, Vicky Funanage, director, Nemours Biomedical Research, and Robert Mason, also of Nemours Biomedical Research.
Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss projects, find out about cutting-edge technologies and learn about the latest product offerings from vendors. Door prizes also will be awarded, including three $1,000 fee waivers for free services at the core facility of the winner’s choice, iPhone accessories and more.
The following INBRE Cores will participate, with one or more staff on hand to discuss available technologies:
• Bioinformatics Core Facility, Nemours
• Biomolecular Core Laboratory, Nemours
• Cardiovascular Core, University of Delaware
• Cell Science Core, Nemours
• Christiana Care Center for Outcomes Research
• Center for Translational Cancer Research (CTCR) Core Facility, University of Delaware
• CTCR Helen F. Graham Cancer Center, Christiana Care Health System
• Delaware Biotechnology Institute (DBI): DBI Bio-Imaging Center; DBI Bio-Informatics Center; DBI Protein Characterization Facility; DBI Proteomics & Mass Spectrometry Core Facility;
• Histotechnology Core Laboratory, Nemours
• UD Sequencing and Genotyping Center
• Tissue Procurement, Nemours
See the PDF for the full event program.