- 5 things you need to know about H1N1 influenza
- Public Health offers H1N1 vaccine for high-risk groups
- Special dining policy established for ill students
- Custodial staff proactive against H1N1
- UD continues to educate the campus on H1N1 influenza
- State medical expert gives students latest information on H1N1 situation
- Center for Educational Effectiveness offers support in event of H1N1 outbreak
- Hand sanitizers available on four campuses
- Oct. 5: College of Health Sciences to present "Seasonal Flu vs. Swine Flu"
- Vaccinations for seasonal flu now available for UD students
- Letter to the faculty on H1N1 issues
- Personal protective supplies available through UD Mart
- IT recommends technology options for course continuity in event of H1N1 outbreak
- Information sessions on H1N1 scheduled in October
- Sept. 15 is Get Ready Day
- UD Library creates online 'H1N1 Information Guide'
- Tips for faculty on H1N1: Medical excuses
- UD prepares for H1N1
9:14 a.m., Sept. 14, 2009----The Healthy Delawareans with Disabilities (HDWD) Project in the University's Center for Disabilities Studies is encouraging all Delawareans to participate in Get Ready Day on Tuesday, Sept. 15.
Sponsored by the American Public Health Association, Get Ready Day is designed to help make all Delawareans, particularly those with disabilities, aware of the importance of being prepared for an emergency, including H1N1.
Even a person with a disability who is active and independent may have special needs around communication, transportation or medication that might be complicated during an emergency. HDWD wants to let people know that there are many resources available to help put a plan in place to make sure people with disabilities can stay healthy through any emergency, whether it's a hurricane, power outage or flu outbreak.
To help individuals prepare for an emergency, resources are available on the HDWD Web site, as well as ReadyAmerica, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Test Your Readiness Quotient and the Sesame Street Workshop emergency planning Web site.