- 5 things you need to know about H1N1 influenza
- Public Health offers H1N1 vaccine for high-risk groups
- Special dining policy established for ill students
- Custodial staff proactive against H1N1
- UD continues to educate the campus on H1N1 influenza
- State medical expert gives students latest information on H1N1 situation
- Center for Educational Effectiveness offers support in event of H1N1 outbreak
- Hand sanitizers available on four campuses
- Oct. 5: College of Health Sciences to present "Seasonal Flu vs. Swine Flu"
- Vaccinations for seasonal flu now available for UD students
- Letter to the faculty on H1N1 issues
- Personal protective supplies available through UD Mart
- IT recommends technology options for course continuity in event of H1N1 outbreak
- Information sessions on H1N1 scheduled in October
- Sept. 15 is Get Ready Day
- UD Library creates online 'H1N1 Information Guide'
- Tips for faculty on H1N1: Medical excuses
- UD prepares for H1N1
12:15 p.m., Oct. 8, 2009----With the campus taking precautions for H1N1 influenza, Dining Services has a new policy that allows students who are ill to have a roommate or friend pick up a meal prepared at one of the dining halls.
To order a meal, the ill student must contact the dining hall manager at least six to 12 hours ahead of time to request a boxed meal.
In the request, the student will need to provide:
-- Name, residence and telephone number;
-- Any special needs regarding allergies, etc.;
-- Preferences from the menu;
-- Name and telephone number of the student responsible for picking up the meal;
-- Pick up date(s) and time(s); and
-- Method of payment, such as meal, points or UD1-FLEX.
The friend picking up the meal will need to present a valid UD1 Card, a note signed by the ill student approving the pick up and the ill student's UD1 Card.
The cost for the meal will be deducted from the weekly allotment (including meals ordered but not picked up). Using points or UD1-FLEX, costs are $5.80 for breakfast, $8.50 for lunch, $11.15 for dinner and $8.95 for brunch.
Breakfast options could include plain bagel, banana or fruit in a cup, two hard-cooked eggs, apple juice, cranberry juice or bottled water and a tea bag; or instant oatmeal packet, banana or fruit in a cup, two hard-cooked eggs, apple juice, cranberry juice or bottled water and a tea bag.
Lunch/dinner options could include vegetable or chicken broth, crackers, turkey sandwich on wheat, mayonnaise packet, banana or applesauce, snack pack pudding or gelatin, ginger ale, apple juice or bottled water and a tea bag; or vegetable or chicken broth, crackers, hummus plate with pita wedges, banana or applesauce, snack pack pudding or gelatin, ginger ale, apple juice or bottled water and a tea bag.
Contact information for the dining halls is listed below:
- Pencader Dining Hall: phone 831-1458 or e-mail [email@example.com];
- Russell Dining Hall: phone 831-2576 or e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org];
- Kent Dining Hall: phone 831-2339 or e-mail [email@example.com]; and
- Rodney Dining Hall: phone 831-2247 or e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org].