- Bertini tells UD grads there is power in education
- Four awarded honorary degrees
- Four students recognized with high index awards
- About UD's 161st Commencement
- Doctoral Hooding Convocation celebrates success
- Address by Catherine Bertini
- Address by President Patrick T. Harker
- UD holds first Wilmington Convocation
- Southern Delaware graduates receive diplomas
- Sen. Kaufman addresses engineering graduates
5:41 p.m., May 29, 2010----Following is the estimated number of degrees conferred. These numbers are estimated since final figure are not determined until spring grades are fully recorded and the deans review the grades for all candidates.
The Commencement ceremony was opened by the procession of alumni delegates, led by the recipients of the Alumni Association's Warner and Taylor Awards, which are presented to the outstanding senior woman and man. The Warner and Taylor recipients are Alyson Cavanaugh of Danville, Pa., and Christopher Lang of Newark. Alumni delegates were from the classes of 1951 through 2008, representing the more than 140,000 living UD alumni around the world. Included this year were several representatives of the Class of 1960, which is celebrating its 50th reunion this year.
About the graduates
Nine graduates were celebrating their birthdays on May 29.
The most popular names among the graduates are Jessica and Michael.
Graduates are from 38 states (with the most from Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Maryland) and from 15 foreign countries.