10:38 a.m., Sept. 17, 2008----UD's Office of Human Resources offers training to help current employees develop new skills that benefit them personally and in the workplace. All University employees are eligible for these programs, however, employees may need supervisory approval to attend.
Supervision/personnel management workshops include:
- Coaching for Development;
- Communication Skills: The Key to Successful Supervision;
- Effective Meeting Skills;
- Effective Team Facilitation;
- Evaluating Employee Performance;
- Handling the Difficult Employee;
- Introduction to Supervision;
- Motivating Employees: Leading, Empowering & Encouraging Growth; and
- Supervising Student Employees.
Personal development workshops include:
- Change Management;
- Communication Skills: Building Blocks for Job Success;
- Enhancing Your Assertiveness on the Job;
- Organizing Your Workspace;
- Preventing Job Burnout;
- Reconnecting With Your Creativity;
- Stress Management; and
- Time Management.
Writing skills workshops include:
- Mastering Correct English;
- Proofreading and Editing; and
- Writing with Confidence I.
Miscellaneous courses include:
- Customer Service Skills;
- Effective Presentation Skills; and
- Hire Right.
Career development workshops include:
- Interviewing Skills;
- Introduction to Career Planning/Job Search Strategies;
- Managing Upwards;
- Networking on Campus/Finding a Mentor; and
- Resume and Cover Letter Development.
Register today through the Office of Human Resources Web site at [www.udel.edu/EmployeeTraining].
Be sure to register well in advance of workshop dates.