The University reserves the right to immobilize (boot) or to remove and impound abandoned vehicles or any vehicle found on campus:
- without a current permit;
- with an unauthorized, altered or revoked permit;
- without a license plate;
- with an expired license plate;
- parked in driveways, fire lanes, reserved or service vehicle spaces or gate-controlled lots;
- in repeated violation of parking regulations;
- blocking a loading dock or trash dumpster;
- parked in excess of 24 hours in a pay lot without obtaining permission of the Department of Parking Services;
- parked in an area designated as a construction zone or in an area which requires emergency repairs and the owner refuses to move the vehicle;
parked in such a way as to constitute a hazard to vehicular or pedestrian traffic or to the movement and operation of emergency equipment.
The owner will be responsible for costs involved in removing, impounding, and storing such a vehicle including any expenses charged by the tow company as a "show-up" fee or road service fee.