It's our 40th Anniversary!
S.O.S. was officially recognized by the Dean of Students and began offering services to the UD campus in 1976! Our alumni flew home to the Hen House to celebrate with current advocates at our 40th Anniversary Reunion on June 4th, during UD Alumni Weekend. Photos & highlights coming soon!
Support & Counseling
24 Hour Assistance:
- On-campus confidential support is available by phone 24 hours/day with trained S.O.S. Victim Advocates. To contact S.O.S., call the Health Center at 302-831-2226. The staff will take a first name and phone number and the Victim Advocate on duty will call you back within 10 minutes.
- In New Castle County, the YWCA's Sexual Assault Response Center offers rape crisis services similar to those provided by S.O.S. for anyone who calls at 1-800-773-8570. In Kent & Sussex Counties, ContactLifeline offers rape crisis services at 1-800-262-9800.
- RAINN, Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, offers a national hotline, by phone at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) and online.
- One-on-one appointments for support, crisis intervention, ongoing advocacy, and follow-up care regarding sexual assault, intimate partner violence or stalking are provided by the S.O.S. Coordinator. Appointments with a Dating Violence Counselor are also available. Call 302-831-3457 to make an appointment with either staff at Student Wellness & Health Promotion.
- Sexual Assault Survivors' Support Group and Healthy Relationship Support Group are offered at Student Wellness & Health Promotion.. To find out more or get involved with the next group, call 302-831-3457. Group closes after 2 sessions, so calling earlier in the semester is recommended.
- Counseling is available at the Center for Counseling and Student Development which is located above the bookstore in the Perkins Student Center. To make an appointment with an intake counselor, call the Counseling Center at 302-831-2141.
- If you are struggling with sexual abuse that occurred during childhood, you may wish to contact SOAR, Survivors Of Abuse in Recovery, at 302-655-3953. SOAR offers both individual and group counseling and functions on a sliding-fee scale for those without insurance.
- The S.O.S. Coordinator or the Counseling Center can make referrals to counselors in private practice in the community who specialize in these topics. Call Student Wellness & Health Promotion and ask to speak to Angela for a referral, 302-831-3457. Or call the Counseling Center at 302-831-2141.
- Often it helps to tell someone you trust such as a close and trusted friend, parent, or other family member about the assault. Having a system of support is very important for survivors after a sexual assault.
Counseling, Advocacy & Support Groups:
To reach the SOS Victim Advocate on duty (24 hrs/day) call 302-831-2226. The person who answers will take a first name and phone number and the advocate will call you back within 10 minutes.
All Recovery Yoga
160 Carpenter Sports Bldg.
FREE weekly All Recovery Yoga is here for Spring, Thursday nights at 7pm! Unlike other yoga classes, this practice focuses on poses that are restorative, rather than those with the potential to be triggering. Taught by Transformation Yoga and sponsored by the Collegiate Recovery Community and Sexual Offense Support (S.O.S.)
Color Me Calm
Alumni Lounge, Perkins
De-stress with Pow! Have a study break with tea and cookies, light music & mandala coloring pages. Sponsored by Pow! Call 831-3457 for information.
FINAL All Recovery Yoga
160 Carpenter Sports Bldg.
Join us for the last session of All Recovery Yoga of Spring. Unlike other yoga classes, this practice focuses on poses that are restorative, rather than those with the potential to be triggering. Taught by Transformation Yoga and sponsored by the Collegiate Recovery Community and Sexual Offense Support (S.O.S.)