Nutrition Clinic


Nutrition StaffNutrition counseling, by registered dietitians and a certified sports nutritionist, is available to all UD students who are eligible for services at SHS.   Sessions are by appointment only and may require a medical referral by a SHS provider. To schedule an appointment with one of our Nutritionists please call 302-831-2226 or schedule online by selecting Secure Student Access on the upper right.


Services include nutrition counseling & education for the following concerns:

  • Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder) as well as disorders of preoccupation with food, weight and body image
  • Weight Management
  • Diabetes
  • Hypertension
  • Cholesterol
  • Vegetarian diets
  • Gastrointestinal disorders
  • Sports nutrition or eating for exercise
  • Healthy eating & meal planning for general wellness and disease prevention

Our health care providers can provide medical assessments and referrals to our nutritionists for various medical conditions, including disordered eating. Our nutritionists are certified in speciality areas including diabetes education and sports nutrition.


Eating Disorders

At SHS we recognize the need for education and support around eating disorders and preoccupation with food, weight, and body image. Research has shown that a multidisciplinary approach to treatment is most effective for long-term success for an eating disorder. Therefore, where appropriate, we offer coordinated care with medical doctors, nutritionists and psychological counselorsAn appropriate treatment plan based on level of care required and services available on- campus and/or off- campus will be established.

We provide services to students who are having symptoms of an eating disorder as well as to those students who have been in treatment and are recovering from an eating disorder. Our goal is to provide medical and nutritional support in conjunction with appropriate counseling to promote recovery and reduce the risk of relapse.

Students presenting with severe levels of eating disorder symptoms and requiring additional support and treatment beyond the scope of services available at the University of Delaware may be referred off-campus for the appropriate level of care. SHS can assist with the referral process.

If you think you have symptoms that suggest an eating disorder or you are recovering from an eating disorder, please call 302-831-2226 to schedule an appointment with a physician.

Concerned about a friend having an eating disorder?

Link of Interest:
University of Delaware Center for Counseling and Student Development

National Eating Disorder Association