Governor Spotlights STAR
In his first Joint Address to the General Assembly, Gov. John Carney noted Delaware is fostering a culture of innovation through partnerships with the STAR Campus.
New train station project on track
Construction on new on-site transportation hub set to begin this year.
STAR Tower Rising
New 10-story office tower will house state-of-the-art classrooms and labs along with high-tech commercial tenants.
The University of Delaware’s Science, Technology and Advanced Research (STAR) Campus is located just a half mile from the heart of UD’s primary academic campus.
STAR is already home to:
- A performance computing company named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Companies
- A manufacturer of clean fuel-cell power sources whose energy servers provide power to Fortune 500 clients including Google, Wal-Mart, AT&T and Coca-Cola.
- A test zero-emissions vehicle laboratory supported by the U.S. Department of Energy, the State of Delaware, NRG Energy, Honda and BMW.
- UD’s Health Sciences Complex of classrooms, research laboratories, and open-to-the-public care clinics. Operating under the name STAR Health, UD’s comprehensive clinics offer major health and prevention services including: primary care, physical therapy, speech therapy, mental health services, care coordination, nutrition counseling, fitness counseling and health coaching.
- Local residents can access high quality care and work directly with researchers developing advanced ways to treat illnesses and injuries.
- UD students train to become the next generation of healthcare practitioners in the clinics, including one belonging to the world-class physical therapy department, a program ranked #1 by U.S. News and World Report.
- A 10,000 square-foot wet lab that will serve as an incubator for small research companies
We’re looking for a hotel partner!
University of Delaware and 1743 Holdings, LLC, are seeking Letters of Interest from potential partners with the demonstrated financial, development and operational expertise to bring a full-service hotel to STAR Campus. Read more.