Student Health Services
For Prospective Students For Admitted Students For Parents

Services Menu
Medical Clinic
Women's Health
Sports Medicine
Self Care Cold & Wound Centers
Immunization & Allergy Clinic
Lab & X-Ray
Wart Clinic
Inpatient Services
Nutrition Clinic
Lewes Campus Services

About SHS
Mission Statement
Location & Hours
Eligibility for Services
Immunization & Medical History Requirements
Health Insurance
Your Rights & Responsibilities
Student Health Advisory Council

Can I schedule an appointment?

Appointments can be scheduled by phone or in person Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. Call 831-2226.

Do I need to cancel my appointment?

If you are not going to keep an appointment please call well ahead of time so we can offer this appointment to another student.


Front Entrance of Laurel Hall

If I become suddenly sick or injured can I be seen without an appointment?

At the Urgent/Walk-In Clinic no appointment is needed. A nurse will assess you and schedule appropriate care.

What if I am sick and have no way to get from my dorm to the health center?

A student living on campus can call Public Safety at any time and ask to be brought to the health center.

If it is 2am, do I need to wait until 8am to come over?

No, the Student Health Service is open 24 hours a day when classes are in session except during holidays, breaks and summers.

What if I feel sick and don't want to stay in my room?

Students who choose to do so may stay at the health center in the inpatient area.

I heard that if I have a cold I can come and get some free medicine. Is this true?

You can visit the Self Care Center and pick up a "cold pack" that contains some over-the-counter medicine plus disposable thermometers.

Does it matter if I am late for my appointment?

If you arrive late for your appointment you may need to reschedule. It is advisable to arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment.

Can I call and speak with someone about health questions?

Nurses are available to speak with you regarding health related questions and concerns. If the nurse is busy, leave a message and the nurse will get back to you as soon as possible.

Where is the Student Health Service located?

In Laurel Hall, which is at the lower end of South Campus; follow the walkway south from the library. We are on the NE side of the intersection of South College Avenue and East Park Place.

Where can I get the required medical history and immunization forms?

Forms are mailed to incoming students. If you need another copy, call (302) 831-2226 or e-mail your name and address to and we will mail another copy. If you need the form immediately, you can download the forms and print them on your printer.

What will happen to me if I do not return the immunization and medical history form?

The immunization and history forms are a pre-matriculation requirement. Matriculated students need to submit these forms to Student Health before starting classes. Any matriculating student who does not return these forms or who returns a form incomplete or who does not have the required immunizations or tuberculin ppd test or the required signatures will have registration blocked for the second matriculated term. For example, a student starting in the Fall who does not meet the requirement will have their spring registration blocked (starting with Spring preregistration).



SHS Home| UD Home| Contact Us
This website is not designed to respond to personal concerns nor emergencies. For emergency information, please call Student Health Services at 831-2226, or contact one of the facilities above.