About Lane & Thompson
Lane & Thompson, located on East Campus, are 2 nearly identical, traditional residence halls. Lane & Thompson provide students with easy access to Russell Dining Hall, and are situated next to the Perkins Student Center (home to The Scrounge, Dunkin' Donuts and The Hen Zone). Lane & Thompson are just minutes from classes on The Green, and shuttle buses are capable of transporting residents to all other parts of campus.
- In addition to a large first-floor social lounge, there is also a basement with many lounges, including study rooms, TV lounge and laundry. This provides spaces for both large and more intimate gatherings.
- Nearly all rooms are traditional style double rooms that lend themselves to great floor bonding. Students on these floors report high satisfaction, and have a great deal of ownership over their area.
Lane and Thompson Floor Plans
Get dimensions of your room, a floorplan with possible layout and a list of featured building amenities:
- Russell Lot
- Perkins Student Center Garage
- Next door to the Russell Dining Hall
- Near The South Green - Lane & Thompson are close to many academic buildings and are a short walk from the Morris Library.
- Next to the Perkins Student Center - Complete with a Dunkin' Donuts with late night hours and the Scrounge - a food court and lounge space - Perkins is home to most major student organizations. University Student Centers hosts many programs throughout the year in Perkins.
- Harrington Turf - A recreational space that is home to snowmen in the winter, frisbee in the spring and fall and students and events year 'round.
- Harrington P.O.D. - A convenience market with all your essentials just across the turf.
- Freshmen Formal: The Lane & Thompson Community Council hosts this yearly affair.
- Things on Thursdays: Lane & Thompson host student programs or invite Resident Student Organizations weekly on Thursday nights.