Independence Hall East & West, constructed in 2006 offers single and double suites with private bathrooms. Inside Indy East is a state of the art fitness center and just outside, there are a turf field and outdoor basketball and tennis courts.
Independence East & West are featured on Blue Henergy, a UD website that monitors energy usage. Learn more about your carbon footprint in order to help UD reduce its carbon emissions!
- Independence features suite-style rooms consisting mostly of spacious double rooms with connecting bathrooms.
- Large Lounges: each building in Independence has a large main lounge. These spaces are great for hanging out, group meetings and events!
- The Independence East main lounge is equipped with a projector, speakers and a screen that can be used for activities and presentations.
- There are also lounges on each floor for studying and socializing, as well as dedicated study lounges in each building.
- Students often share meals and baked treats in the community kitchen on the first floor.
Independence Floor Plans
Get dimensions of your room, a floorplan with possible layout and a list of featured building amenities (currently listed with Thomas McKean and James Smith):
- Independence borders the Laird Turf — a great outdoor space for soccer games, Frisbee or just soaking up sunshine!
- Students enjoy playing volleyball and basketball on well-lit courts.
- The Independence Fitness Center is located in Independence East and features a variety of equipment, including weights and cardio machines, to help students stay fit!
- Pencader Dining Hall is a few steps away; the building also offers the P.O.D. Market where students can use Points for snacks and convenience items—there’s even a Jamba Juice bar right inside!
- Walk to class or hop on a University shuttle bus that runs up to every 5 minutes.