This page requires JavaScript to work properly.
Join us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterMy Housing

Transfer Student Guide

Application Deadline: July 18, 2016

Transfer students will be primarily housed in our transfer community located in Smyth Hall.

For Fall 2016: Transfer students may complete the housing application beginning April 1. Students who submit applications by July 18 will be guaranteed housing. Students who submit applications after that will be guaranteed on a first-come, first-served basis.

Transfer Experience

Transfer students may have the opportunity to live on campus and have unique needs. Transfer students are new to UD, but not new to the college experience. We provide programming that aims to connect new UD students to the requirements and resources that help them to be academically successful and we provide social events that help students connect to the Blue Hen Experience.

The following activities are planned:

  • Interaction with peer mentors who understand the transfer experience
  • Social and career planning events designed for transfer students
  • Resources for academic advising, meeting degree requirements and graduate school

Please contact Michele Kane at or (302) 831-4663.

Transfer Student Association

Another opportunity for transfer students to get involved quickly on campus is through the Transfer Student Association. This is a student-run organization comprised of transfer students looking for ways to connect transfer students to one another, to the residential complex and to the campus community. 

TSA provides a great opportunity for transfer students looking to get involved at the University of Delaware and enhance their college experience and leadership skills. Students are encouraged to join this organization when they first arrive on campus but all students are welcome at all points of the year. 

For more information about this being a part of this organization, please contact Jamie Kronberger, Area Coordinator for the Christiana Towers.

Additional Resources

Registrar Transfer Center

Admissions Transfer Website