University of Delaware

Cancellations, Releases & Deferrals

Cancellation Forms

Academic Year Cancellation

A housing application is considered complete and valid once the contract is signed and the $200 prepayment has been paid or deferred. For newly admitted students, the $200 is included in the admissions deposit. The prepayment is non-refundable.

A student has the right to cancel their contract prior to their binding date without any further financial obligation. Please review the Student Housing Contract for details regarding binding dates.

To cancel an application, log into the My Housing portal and go to the My Application Status page. 

Request for Release

As of the contract binding date,, a student must request release from their contract through the process and conditions specified in the contract.

To submit a Request for Release form, log into the My Housing portal and go to the Forms page.

Supplemental forms related to your request may also be required:

Housing Assignment Deferral Request

Upper-division students may use the Deferral Request form within the Upper Division housing application in My Housing to defer a semester of housing.

Your $200 prepayment will be applied to your housing bill when you return to campus. Deferring your application WILL hold/guarantee a space for you on campus, but WILL NOT hold/guarantee your current assignment. You will receive a new assignment based on availability when you return. The original terms and conditions of your housing contract still apply.

Residence Life & Housing  •  310 Haines Street  •  Newark, DE 19716  •   USA Phone: (302) 831-HOME (4663)   •  email us at •   © 2018