Oversee the development of engaging communities in upper division residence halls (Christiana Towers, Independence Complex and Central Complex)
- Advise and guide professional and student in-hall staff in their work with students.
- Provide direction for department opportunities for student leadership activities in the residence halls.
- Work with units across campus on programming opportunities including Living Learning Communities.
Where I Can Help
- Bring ideas into action through programming and advocacy.
- Assist with general student difficulties concerning life in the residence halls.
- Provide training on a wide variety of areas including supervision, time management, networking and StrengthsQuest.
- B.A., Psychology, SUNY Oswego
- M.A., Student Development in Higher Education, American University
Arrival to UD
Previous Positions Held
I began my professional career in Residence Life at King's College in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. where, in addition to being an Area Coordinator, was fortunate to have experiences with many different programmatic areas.
Looking to increase my skills, I worked as a Residence Hall Manager at New York University (NYU). At NYU I was able to develop the administrative, supervision, and visionary skills necessary in this field for success. I also was able to experience all of the great things "the city" has to offer.
I am in my third position at UD having started as a complex coordinator in the former Pencader Complex. After four years, I was able to earn a position as Assistant Director primarily working with program plans and leadership. In 2008, I became Associate Director and enjoy the new opportunities presented to me daily in this position.
Points of Pride
- ACPA Commission for Housing and Residential Life Outstanding Experienced Professional Award
- Gallup Certified Strengths Coach
- Being an actively involved parent in my children's school activities and sports teams
- The ability to look at both sides of a story and potentially finding the truth
My Favorite Quote
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. - A. A. Milne
Life Outside UD
I enjoy spending time at the beach and crafting.