I am responsible for the success of the Russell and Harrington complexes on the East Campus First-Year neighborhood. Outside of my role within the complex, other highlights include serving the department as the chair for our Developing Cultural Competence Strategic Plan group, working on a number of assessment initiatives, and leading opportunities related to religious diversity and interfaith cooperation on campus.
Where I Can Help
- Transitioning into life at UD
- General student care and support
- Getting connected to peers and opportunities on campus
- Answering questions about the first year student experience
- Navigating conflict
- Providing campus resources
B.A. in Anthropology Education; Minors in Religious Studies and Philosophy (2007, University of Delaware)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction; Thesis topic - "Race Relations and Black Student Persistence at Predominately White Institutions" (2009, University of Delaware)
- Ed.D in Educational Leadership (In progress, University of Delaware)
Arrival to UD
Previous Positions Held
2009-2012: Residence Director, Emerson College, Boston, Mass.
- Summer 2008: ACUHO-I Intern, Salem State University, Salem, Mass.
2007-2009: Hall Director, University of Delaware, Newark, Del.
Points of Pride
- Chair, ACPA Commission for Spirituality, Faith, Religion, & Meaning
- Unidel Grant Recipient: Serving Better Together (2014-2016)
- 2016 Center for the Study of Diversity Research Grant Recipient
My Favorite Quote/Motto/Personal Philosophy
“Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - we find it with another.” - Thomas Merton
Life Outside UD
Outside of my work at UD, I'm am first and foremost a husband and a father. I love the Boston Red Sox (and all Boston sports for that matter), reading, politics, film, developing interfaith cooperation and dialogue, good food, great conversation and drinking coffee at all times of the day.