Certified Electronic Diploma (CeDiploma) - FAQs
1. Am I required to purchase a CeDiploma?
No – CeDiplomas are optional for students graduating Fall 2015 and beyond. All UD graduates are still issued a free paper diploma. However, the CeDiploma is a great option for students to have an official, secure, electronic version of their UD diploma. It is completely portable and can be shared with family, LinkedIn, job sites and more!
2. Where do I get access to my CeDiploma?
You can obtain your CeDiploma through your UDSIS Student Center portal, which has a direct link to CeCredential Trust, a third party vendor of the University.
3. Can I obtain an electronic copy of my diploma if I graduated prior to Fall 2015?
Currently CeDiplomas are only availble for University of Delaware Fall 2015 graduates and forward.
4. Can I download the CeDiploma? Can I send it via email to others?
Yes, you can download a digitally signed copy of your CeDiploma. You can then email it to anyone you desire, and it will retain the Adobe Digital Signature and CeDiD for validation purposes.
5. How do I know if the CeDiploma I received is valid??
There are two ways to validate your electronic diploma. (This also is noted on the second page of the CeDiploma.)
- Validate through the UD Diploma Validation website or by clicking the link on the 2nd page of the CeDiploma and typing the necessary information where indicated.
- If you are using Adobe Reader or Acrobat 9.0 or higher, you will be able to view the Digital Signature, which is shown at the top of the PDF, and is part of the overall security of the document. If the Digital Signature shows a Blue Ribbon, it means that the document has not been tampered with; any other symbol signifies the document cannot be trusted.
Note: Other PDF/digital readers and some mobile devices may not be able to show the Digital Signature / Blue Ribbon.
6. Why does the certificate used to digitally sign the documents say CeCredential Trust?
CeCredential Trust is the branded name of the digital signature that UD's vendor uses to digitally sign all CeDiplomas. The email address included in the signature, info@CeDiplomaTrust.com, will simply refer you to the University of Delaware Registrar's Office for further information.
7. When I pull up my CeDiploma on my iPhone/iPad it only loads half way on the screen and then a line appears.
This issue is due to the version of your operating system on your tablet, or the PDF viewer that the browser is using to open the CeDiploma. In the case of the iPhone/iPad, updating to the most recent IOS operating system usually solves the problem.
8. I am using a web browser to open the PDF, but it will not open properly.
The CeDiploma is best viewed in Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader. Some features may not be available when viewed in a web browser's default viewer. Please change the default viewer in your web browser so that it utilizes Adobe Reader or Acrobat.
9. I have additional questions or concerns.
Contact the Registrar's Office at Registrar@udel.edu. Please include the CeDiD number and the name of the Alumni as it appears on the CeDiploma.