Honors Day Award Payments
The procedures for processing Honors Day Award payments are as follows:
All awards must be charged to account 149200.
For individuals who receive University paychecks:
- Award payments for individuals who receive University paychecks, either semi-monthly or bi-weekly, are to be processed through the Payroll office on S-contract forms for undergraduates, and on GNCP forms for graduate students. These payments will be included in the individual's next regularly scheduled pay.
- The form must clearly indicate that it is an Honors Day Award, and the earnings code should be AWD for faculty or AWH for students.
- Please remember that all awards to individuals who receive University paychecks are subject to tax withholding.
- Please clearly indicate on the S-contract/GNCP form whether or not you are "grossing up" the award amount.
- Questions about S-contracts/GNCP forms or about how to "gross up" award requests to cover taxes should be directed to email@example.com.
- If a live check is required, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with justification as to why the live check is necessary.
For individuals who do not receive University paychecks:
- Award payments for individuals who do not receive University paychecks are to be requested through Procurement Services using the FIN Request for Payment to Individual form.
- The request must include a date and clearly indicate that it is an Honors Day Award.
- Use UD ID lookup in the form to select a payee not found in the payee lookup.
- Please do NOT include social security information in the comments. The UD ID is used to retrieve relevant information (with exception of direct deposit details) from the student system.
- Each recipient needs to submit the online W9 to provide current direct deposit information.
- Requests for recipients who are not US Citizens must include a valid UDW-8 and P-1 form and a permanent address outside the United States. Please remember that all awards to Non-US Citizens will have 30% tax withheld.
- Departments wishing to "gross up" their awards to cover taxes may do so by dividing the desired award amount by 0.7 and submitting their request for the resulting higher dollar amount (for example, a $500 award "grosses up" to $714.29). Please clearly indicate whether or not you are "grossing up" the award. U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents are not grossed up.
- Questions should be directed to Deborah Henderson (x8291 or email@example.com) in Procurement Services.