Works FAQs
How do I get into WORKS? [Expand]
Once you complete the Credit Card Services Webform and it routes through all the necessary approvals, you will receive a "Welcome to Works" email. This email will contain your new user information which you will then use to log in. The email will be from "UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT". Do not delete it.
Do I have to sign off on my charges in WORKS or can someone else do it? [Expand]
Each card holder must sign off on his or her own charges.
I answered my security question correctly. Why did the system tell me it was wrong? [Expand]
When you first set up the security question, you may have typed the answer differently. Example: What was the color of your first car? Blue. When asked the question again, you may have typed "blue" using a lower case "b". The answers are case sensitive and must be entered exactly as they were in the original setup.
What are my limits and/or is my card open for travel? [Expand]
Log into Works and use the Home button to bring up your profile. There you will see your cycle limit (CL), single purchase limit (SPL), and the assigned functionality of your card. GENPUR is general purchases; TVL is travel.
My card is declining. I haven't signed off on my charges yet this month -- could that be the problem? [Expand]
Yes, most likely, especially if it has been an entire month. The cycle runs from the 16th of the month to the 15th of the following month. You need to sign off during this period or your card will not replenish.
I am trying to fill out a reimbursement on behalf of someone else but it is my name that appears in the 'Reimburse' field. Is this a problem? [Expand]
No. That field defaults to the name of the person filling out the form. 'Payee Name' and 'Payee ID' are the fields that determine who gets reimbursed.
How do I know if I have transactions requiring sign off? [Expand]
Once a week, reminder emails are sent to those who have transactions requiring sign off. The transactions in question are listed within the email.
What if the accounting information is wrong for a transaction on which I, as a manager, sign off? [Expand]
If you notify Procurement (831-2159 or 831-2162) before 4:00pm the same day, the allocation can be corrected; otherwise, your department will need to do a journal voucher to make the correction.
How do I reset my password? [Expand]
Use the Forgot Your Password link to reset your password. After correctly answering the security question, an email will be sent to you with further instructions. For a demonstration, please see the Training page of the Procurement website for a short video that walks you through these steps.
Now that Works 4.0 has the ability to attach electronic copies of receipts to reimbursements and transactions, do I still need to keep the paper copies of the receipts? [Expand]
We are working toward eliminating paper copies; however, for the time being, you must still keep the original receipts. These should be filed with the monthly statements or, if the expense is grant-sponsored, they should be filed with the applicable grant or sponsored program files.
How do I get a report showing all my cardholders and their defaults? [Expand]
If you want a list of cardholders, run the default report called Card List. This report will display the cardholders but not their defaults. To get the defaults, email the Program Administrator in Procurement (don't forget to provide the department name).
How can I open transaction or reimbursement details in a new tab so that I don't lose my place in a sorted list? [Expand]
When viewing a list requiring signoff, select the transaction or reimbursement for which you want to see the details. Click on the arrow to the right of the Document #, then select View Full Details by clicking down on your center mouse wheel.
When I log into the new Works, I see a field called Document #. What exactly is that? [Expand]
It's the transaction ID (or the reimbursement ID as the case may be).
In Works, how do I attach a receipt from multiple receipts that I uploaded all at once? [Expand]
When you upload multiple individual receipts all at once, they become your Stored Receipts. Click on the arrow to the right of the Document # and pick Manage Receipts. On the window that comes up, pick Add. You will have two options: New Receipt or Stored Receipts. Pick Stored Receipts.
How can I tell where a reimbursement is in the sign off process? [Expand]
Use the linked contents of the Sign Off field for the reimbursement in question. This will bring up an info box showing who has signed off and when.
I see a charge that I need to sign off on under Action Items, but when I go into Pending, there's nothing there. Why? [Expand]
The problem is most likely the date range. Under the Advanced Filter, use the + sign to change the date.