Cash Advance FAQs
How do I get a cash advance? [Expand]
Please complete a Credit Card Services Webform and select 'Declining Balance Card' from the dropdown menu.
Who is eligible to receive a Declining Balance Card? [Expand]
All UD employees are eligible, as are graduate students under contract. Contact the Procurement Services Card Program Administrator at 831-2159 to discuss the multiple uses for Declining Balance Cards and how they can assist you.
Can I get a Declining Balance Card if I already have a UD Credit Card? [Expand]
Can the Declining Balance Card be used for cash? [Expand]
Absolutely. On the card application, there's a place to indicate what percentage of the total amount will be taken as cash. This is for out-of-pocket expenses that cannot be paid by credit card, e.g. tolls, housekeeping tips, etc.
I applied for a Declining Balance Card. Will it be mailed to me? [Expand]
Yes; cards are sent via campus mail to your Card Administrator.
How long does it take to get a Declining Balance Card? [Expand]
Whenever possible, please allow five working days from the time your web form clears the chain of approvals.
Can I use a Declining Balance Card to purchase a ticket on Egencia? [Expand]
Yes! Note that you must first register with Egencia and build your profile.
What if I am abroad and I suddenly find that my Declining Balance Card doesn't work? [Expand]
Should you encounter any difficulty, please call the number on the back of the card (i.e. the customer service number for Bank of America). If Bank of America is unable to resolve the problem without UD intervention, contact the University at 302-831-2161 or 302-831-2159 during working hours; during off hours, contact campus security at 302-831-2222 and explain that you are having difficulty with the Declining Balance Card. They will have a call list for Procurement and will be able to reach someone who can help you. In the event that email is a more convenient communication method for you, contact for assistance.
What if I receive my Declining Balance Card but discover, while traveling, that I have underestimated the amount of cash I need? [Expand]
Please contact your department to request an increase via the Credit Card Services Webform. Once received, Procurement will add the funds to your existing card.
How do I change my PIN? [Expand]
Contact Procurement for PIN retrieval instructions.