Medical Laboratory Science & Medical Diagnostic Majors
The Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences has several named scholarships that are awarded to undergraduate students who major in medical laboratory science or medical diagnostics. In most cases, scholarships are renewed annually provided that the criteria continue to be met (i.e., GPA, financial need, etc.). Scholarships are not transferable to another major and are forfeited if the student changes his/her major outside of Medical Laboratory Sciences. Contact the Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences at 302-831-2849 for further information about how to apply for these scholarships.
- Morris & Josephine Ciulla Scholarship–Full-time undergraduates in medical laboratory science; financial need, academic merit; minimum 3.0 GPA
- James C. & Theresa Kakavas Scholarship–Full-time undergraduates in medical laboratory science; financial need, academic merit; minimum 2.8 GPA
- Robert C. & Barbara Knowles Scholarship–Full-time undergraduates in medical laboratory science; financial need, academic merit; minimum 3.0 GPA
- Medical Laboratory Sciences Scholarship–Full-time undergraduates in medical laboratory science or medical diagnostics; financial need, academic merit; minimum 2.7 GPA
- Edwin M. Richardson Scholarship–Full-time undergraduates in medical laboratory science; financial need, academic merit; minimum 3.0 GPA
- Shirley M. Tarrant Memorial Scholarship–Full-time undergraduates in medical laboratory science; financial need, academic merit; minimum 3.0 GPA
Scholarships Available Through Hospital Affiliates
Scholarships are available from a select group of hospitals. Eligibility is determined by the clinical facility and is based upon several criteria, including submission of an application, completion of the interview process, and commitment to a period of employment as a medical laboratory scientist following graduation. Clinical facilities currently offering scholarships include the following:
- AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, Atlantic City and Pomona, NJ
- Christiana Care Health Services, Newark and Wilmington, DE
- Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System, Baltimore, MD
National Competitive Scholarships & Awards
The following scholarships and awards are available to junior and senior medical laboratory science majors. Competition is at a national level. The American Society for Clinical Pathology administers the scholarships and awards that it presents, as well as, the scholarships sponsored by Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics.
American Society for Clinical Pathology
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics
For those in their Senior year
Alpha Mu Tau Fraternity
ALPHA MU TAU FRATERNITY is a national laboratory fraternity whose purpose is the advancement of professionals in the medical laboratory sciences. One of the prime activities of the fraternity is the granting of graduate and undergraduate scholarships. Scholarship recipients will be announced during the Awards Program at the American Society of Clinical laboratory Science Annual Meeting.
ASCLS Education & Research Fund
ASCLS Education and Research Fund is the charitable foundation of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science and was founded to encourage and assist educational and scientific research in the field of medical laboratory science. The Fund's Scholarship Program supports education for students, practitioners and educators.
The application form for both AMTF and E&R scholarships is available here.
Forum for Concerns of Minorities Scholarship
The Forum for Concerns of Minorities provides assistance to students in clinical laboratory scientist or clinical laboratory technician programs, who demonstrate evidence of financial need.The links for information and the form can be found here.