Annual planning for colleges
Subject: Information Technologies Annual Project Planning, FY14
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 13:34:53 -0400
From: Carl Jacobson
Each year, about this time, IT reaches out to four-dozen campus business process owners to ask what business process improvements are needed. We're about to send out this year's memo and I wanted to take the opportunity to invite direct input from the colleges. I'd like to hear from you, the "AA" Deans, Business Offices and departments about your ideas for improvements to core business processes. The big core systems we support include Finance, HR, Student, Procurement and Research.
Examples of recent business process improvements are:
- The Financial Position Report added to UDataGlance to provide more up-to-date budget information.
- Award and proposal financial reporting in UDataGlance.
- Moved the Degree Completion process online for Arts and Sciences. (We'll be reaching out to the other colleges this year.)
- Improved routing for the Faculty Appraisal Form so it works the way you do.
- Move all online student processes, such as registration, schedules, final grades, to mobile devices, including tablets and smart phones.
Please give it some thought, talk it over and if you have business-related IT needs, please let me know by June 15. Over the summer, we reach out to those with requests to further define the needs and determine what can be done to meet them. If you have any questions or would like to chat, please let me know. We're at your service.