Printing Fee Plan Overview for Students
The printing fee plan allows a UD student to print a specific number of "images" (one side of a piece of paper) for free before incurring printing charges:
- Free printing: $5 in free "images" per student (roughly 100 images for one-sided printing)
- Every 6-month period (January 1–June 30 and July 1–December 31), you can print $5 worth of "images" at no cost.
- After your free allocation is used, printing fees are charged to your UD FLEX account (see fee-based printing below).
- Carry-over of unused free page allocation is not provided.
- Fee-based printing: Rates for black and white printing:
- Five cents ($0.05) per image printed simplex (one side of one piece of paper)
- Four cents ($0.04) per image printed duplex (both sides of one piece of paper)
Unless otherwise indicated, these locations charge for printing.
- Alison West, room 205
- Amy DuPont Music Building, room 109
- Christiana Commons Lobby
- Colburn Lab, rooms 046, 105
- Delaware Field House, room 202
- Education Resource Center, Willard Hall Education Bldg., room 012
- McDowell Hall, rooms 111, 113
- Memorial Hall, rooms 028, 033
- Morris Library
- Pearson Hall, room 305
- Perkins Student Center Lobby
- Purnell Hall, room 024
- Recitation Hall, room 203
- Smith Hall, rooms 002, 004, 040
- Spencer Lab, rooms 010, 131
- Townsend Hall, rooms 004, 006, 007
- Trabant University Center Lounge
Your UD ONEcard, Print Release Station, and FLEX Account
You will need your valid UD ONEcard to print in the locations listed above. The print release station works together with your UD ONEcard and your FLEX account:
- The first 100 "images" you print will be charged against a "free printing allocation" that will be associated with your FLEX account.
- After you exhaust your free printing allocation, the printing charges will be charged to your actual FLEX account.
If you do not have funds in your FLEX account, you will not be able to print after your free printing allocation is used.
You may add money to your FLEX account in a number of ways and at different locations on campus.
How to Print Your Job
To print your job, follow these steps:
- After you select the one-sided or two-sided printer through the Print option in your application, go to the print release station in one of the locations above.
- Use your UD ONEcard to log into the release station.
- Click the Print option next to the job(s) you want to print.
- Pick up your job from the printer.